A Letter of Thanks

July 20, 2015

No this is not a chapter. This is a message to everyone reading.

First of all, I would like to thank everyone who read my book. I honestly didn't expect to have this many people interested in "A Slave to the Dragon King" when I started writing it. About a year and three months later, with 228K reads and 7.5k votes, I can declare this book finished. To those who stuck with me until the end, I give a big thanks.

Secondly, I would like to thank my friends bluepuzzlepiece, MazzCarter and Turtleshells for encouraging me to go on with this book and for the cover. Bluepuzzlepiece will be assisting me in editing and hopefully correcting any errors I missed.

Third, I know what you are all thinking:

Sequel? I don't know.

Prequel? I don't know.

This is a question I have been asked by many and I'm not sure if I will be able to do one with the ending. I may do some thinking and I am open to any suggestions that any of you may have.

Again, thank you all for your support and interest in my book. I hope to write more books like this in the future with just as many people interested in it.

UPDATE: I will be starting a new book titled Heir to the Throne this Friday. If you liked this book, please find the time to read Heir to the Throne. Thank you!

May benignus et pacem invenies vobis amicis meis.

***

October 26, 2022: A note from bluepuzzlepiece

Another huge thanks to all of DragonRider4's fans who have continued to support him over the years. I can't express with enough words how much your support meant to him.

Hard to believe how close this novel is to a million reads- about 150k away! I know he would've been beyond happy to see so many people reading his masterpiece. Now... a couple of... housekeeping notes?

As I'm sure you can guess, there will be no sequel or prequel to ASttDK as this was HIS work, not mine. I don't know if he had plans for it, though I think he was gonna let this be a standalone piece, which I respect. The same goes for his other works remaining incomplete. I wouldn't know where to start.

I'm sure some of you have been wondering for the last few years- when will the whole novel be available to everyone besides FicFun? Well, the contract with the publisher is eventually going to expire. Currently, his parents have the rights to the novel, so they can choose to renew the contract or not. If they don't renew the contract, there's more opportunities. However, I haven't discussed with them about what to do with novel when the contract expires. That's... a somewhat delicate matter that will take time, and emotional stability.

What will happen in the meantime until the contract expires? THAT I can answer! As stated earlier by DragonRider4, when he finished the novel, I asked if I could do some clean-up and he gave me a few of the chapters to get started. So... I'm going to focus on organizing and editing the novel. I believe this masterpiece deserves to be the best it can be, and that is my intention in this process.

There will come a time in the editing process where I'll ask for input from you, dear readers. You read this novel and loved what it told, so I want your input on the progress.

If you'd like to read the rest of the novel, click the link below to find the whole story. Thank you again for your support!

https://www.dreame.com/story/3039567104-a-slave-to-the-dragon-king