Chapter 8

~~Adelaide~~

I hear someone walk into my room and open the curtains. The bright sun shines on my face.

"Ugh. Close it." I murmur and pull the blanket over my head. I don't wanna wake up yet.

"Get up you lazy bum!" I hear a familiar voice. My eyes get wide.

"Acadia???" I throw my blanket off. I wasn't expecting her until tonight!

"SUURRPRISEEE!!"

I squeal happily and jump off my bed to hug her, "I've missed you so much Caidy!!"

The door across the hallway opens and Devin stumbles out with bed hair, he's rubbing his eyes. "Ugh Adelaide, shut up." He walks towards the stairs and all the boys follow him, looking exactly the same.

They all slept over here last night. Blake walks by last and his hair is so messy, I laugh.

I turn to Acadia and her jaw is dropped, "It's...them..."

I smirk, "You're gonna catch flies with your mouth hanging open like that."

I run a brush through my hair quickly, "C'mon! Let's go get breakfast!" I pull on her hand.

"With them???"

I roll my eyes, "No, with Barack Obama. Who else would we be eating with?" I say sarcastically.

I sit at one of the two empty chairs, leaving the only empty seat beside me and Devin. Wingman of the year!

"Guys, this is my best friend, Acadia. Acadia, this is...well you know who they are." I say to everyone.

"Hi Acadia!" they all say and smile at her. She blushes.

"Come sit!" I pat the seat and she sits next to me, "Oh, by the way, you're her favorite, Devin!" I tell him.

Acadia blushes an inhuman color of red and they all laugh. Devin smiles, "That's awesome!"

"How long have you guys been friends?" TC asks us. Acadia and I smile at each other.

"We've actually known each other since we were one." Acadia speaks up.

I nod, "Our parents were friends before they adopted me."

"Wow." TC replies.

Acadia smirks, "We know each others deepest secrets. And most embarrassing moments."

I laugh, "Like when you named that tree Charlie and pretended he was your boyfriend?" They boys start laughing.

"Hey now! That was in first grade, okay! What about that time when you were obsessed with the princess and the frog story so you kissed a frog and when it didn't turn into a prince, you got mad and threw it at a tree!" Drew snorts with laughter. Great.

"Well someone told me it would work!" I emphasize someone, meaning Acadia.

"I was a naïve, little six year old! What would I have known?"

We both start laughing, remembering all the memories we have. I start thinking about the frog story. Steven used to read the princess and the frog to me every night.

"Adelaide? Are you okay?" Devin asks me. I must've zoned out, everyone's watching me.

I nod, "I'm fine. You done?" I ask Acadia, looking down at her.

"Yup!"

I stand up, "Okay, let's go get ready. I have a lot to show you!"

We go upstairs and I brush my teeth and change from my pajamas quickly.

When we walk past the living room, the tv is on and they're all watching Saturday morning cartoons. Tom and Jerry. I smile, "Remember this Caidy?"

Acadia laughs and nods, "The best!" We would watch it every Saturday together. Steven watched it too, before he left. Those were the good days.

*****************************************************

"Wow, it's amazing here!" Acadia exclaims. I'm showing her all the parks, shopping centers, malls, everywhere I've seen already.

We're walking through a park right now and she stops at the playground, "Let's sit. We need to talk."

We climb to the top of the playground and sit there. I know what she wants to talk about but I really don't want to.

Acadia finally breaks the silence, "Okay, who is they guy you were talking about last week?"

I sigh, "His name is Michael and he's really nice. It's just Drew is being annoying about him. I don't know why, he's not a bad kid."

"Well maybe he sees something you don't. Guys have those senses about other guys. Like they can tell when something's not right."

I play with the hem of my shirt, "Yeah maybe."

She smiles, "I think Drew likes you."

"No!" I feel a blush coming to my face.

Acadia rolls her eyes, "Come on Adelaide. He's obviously being protective of you, he doesn't like this Michael, and we all see the way he looks at you."

I lightly smack her leg, "Nuh uh!"

"Are you blind? I think you need to forget about this Michael guy. Team Drewdelaide all the way!!!"

Did she just say Drewdelaide???

"Plus, Drew is super attractive."

I look at her, "Well then why don't you go out with him?"

She laughs, "Because he likes you."

"Well maybe you should meet Michael before jumping to conclusions..."

Acadia rolls her eyes "Whatever, but I can promise you that this Michael is half the guy that Drew is." she goes down the slide before I can say anything.

Maybe I should take her advice and thinks about things. I don't know... I don't even know if I really like Michael enough yet to potentially date him.

I shake my head, I don't want to think about this right now.

~~Drew~~

Devin's mom kicked us out of the house because we were being lazy. She told us to go exercise or something. So we're all standing on the side of the road.

"Now what?" Devin asks.

"We should go play soccer!" Blake says.

We sit in silence for a second before Jayk pipes up. "I know!! Let's go play soccer!!"

"Yeah! Great idea Jayk!" we all high five him. Blake just rolls his eyes.

We get the soccer ball from the garage and walk to the field. We're just kicking it around to each other when I see this couple walking toward the area we're in. They stop walking and the guy starts tickling the girl.

Someone kicks the ball and it hits me right in the stomach. "Oooff!"

"Dude pay attention!" Jayk yells.

"Sorry!!" I kick it away to someone else.

I hear the girl laughing "Michael!! Stop!!" Wait, what? I turn and look at his face. It's him...

He stops and smiles, "I love you." he tells her as he leans in and kisses her.

What the heck????

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Anyone catch my movie quote?? Probably not B)

DREWDELAIDE! <3