Chapter 1 : A theif's beginning

Narrators POV :
Rain is pouring down heavily on the three treasure hunters faces as thunder booms across the ocean. The waves are crashing against their boat, strongly. This made the boat unstable as it moves side to side violently and the people inside move in sink with it. Along side their boat was multiple smaller boats full of mercenaries and the word shoreline on the sides of the boats. The boats crashs into one another this kills or harms multiple men.

On the boat, with our treasure hunters, Nathan Drake is in control of the boat, then their is his older brother Samuel Drake, shooting at the shoreline boats. Lastly their is me, Skyler Avery, I am shooting along side Sam at the shoreline men.

How did we end up here? Well , it's along story so why don't I start at the beginning. The very beginning.

25 years earlier :
A 10 year old Skyler, sat on her bed. In a place she should be calling home but instead she called it the hell hole. It was a Catholic Orphanage, she had spent 5 long years in.

For once the place was empty, as everyone else was at a bible retreat for the week. As for her, she had gotten into an argument with another girl over comments that girl had made during breakfast. Sadly, during a break from lessons Skyler had enough and punched the girl in the cheek. A fight broke out between the two girls, making Skyler walk away with a bruised face and a split lip.

" what have I told you about getting into fights over petty comments. " Said sister Jane, she sighed with annoyance.

She was kneeling down in front of Skyler, looking over her bruised face. She turned her head away from the Nun, to look out side of the window.
It was a clear night.

Millions of stars light up the black night sky and the half moon was surrounded by them.
The Nun once again sighed but with disappointment. She stood up and looked down onto Skyler, disappointment and sadness filled her eyes.

" why do you listen to their petty comments ?" She asked.
But Skyler didn't reply. Instead just sat there in silence and stared outside at the calm night.
" I expected more from you." She said walking away from her.
Sister Jane left the room. Still full of disappointment.

Skyler sighed frustratedly before falling back onto her bed. She lay on top of her arms , staring at the blank ceiling in silence. She closed her eyes for a moment, nothing felt like home anymore. She was once with her birth father but that didn't go down well, and her mother died when Skyler was still very young.

Now she was told she would have to live with her grandfather, who she never met before, in England. She hoped when she opened her eyes that opened she'd be in a real home. But as Skyler opened her eyes, she realised she was in the same horrible Orphanage.

The silence around her was broken by the sound of foot steps on the roof. Skyler sat up in confusion wondering who it was.

" where are you going Nate ? "Asked a familiar voice.
" you really think I'm going to leave Sky here, with the nun's." Said another familiar voice.
" wait Sky's here. " said the voice from the start. It was said in a cheery tone.

Skyler stood up and opened the window, just enough for her to climb out. She climbed up onto the roof and found the two brother's were discussing something about her. She stood there in silence until one of them noticed her and that didn't take long. The eldest brother by the name Sam locked eyes with her. A smile appeared on his face.

" It's good to see you again Skyler" he said walking past his little brother, Nathan, to greet her.
" It's good to see you too Samuel. " She said with a smile.

They hugged each other tightly, making Skyler's cheeks turn a light pink. As they let go Sam noticed her split lip and bruised cheek.

" what's that ?" He asked was a concerned tone
He pointed his finger at her wounded lip.
" It's nothing ." She told him.
" tell him Sky" said Nathan.
" It's just a split lip I'll be okay." She said.
" you know I'm not on about that. " Said Nathan.
" tell me what ?" Asked Sam, confusedly.