Chapter Twenty-Eight

I sat against the door only wrapped in a towel while Michael banged on the bathroom door

"Tia! Dammit, open the door or I'll break it down!"

I didn't budge. I was so nervous! What if I was thinking the right thing was happening?

"I think you're jumping to conclusions, love!"

I prayed that I really was jumping to conclusions. But I hadn't eaten anything that would have made me throw up. So where would that come from?

"Just let me in!"

I wished he would just go away for five seconds!

I got up and opened the bathroom door, looking up at him. "I need a test." I glanced down and tucked my hair behind my ears.

He frowned, looking down at me. I watched as his chest rose up and down. "A test? T, I doubt you're pr-"

"Michael, please." I stopped him.

He sighed and nodded. "You wait here. I'll go and get one for you."

I closed the door again and sat on the toilet, beginning my wait for his return.

I understood that I could've been overreacting, but I wanted to make sure.

I was too young for this. I didn't need a child, I didn't want one. Especially not with Michael. Not with that psychopathic murderer. That monster. What if my child ended up like that? What if I had to sit and worry about them killing some woman for cheating on them?

But what if they didn't turn out that way? What if it had the sweetest soul on the face of the earth? What if it was a girl? I've always wanted a baby girl when I grew up. I wanted her to look just like me and be talented and be a much better person than what I was.

I wanted to have a little mini-me to dress up in dresses and do her hair and hear her call me mommy. I wanted to have someone to cry into my arms when she had a "boo-boo" or when daddy told her "no."

This could be it. I could get what I've been so excited for. Maybe things wouldn't be as hard as I thought they would be. Maybe I could marry Michael and things would be okay. Maybe Michael and I could really just run away and never be found by the police. We could go anywhere! Ireland, possibly, where Michael grew up as a young boy! Wouldn't that be dope? My little girl could grow up and know the same routes that her father did!

This excited me. I didn't feel so angry or sad after thinking this! I prayed that this was the case. I prayed that this all would come true, that I would be able to keep my husband, keep my baby, and start a new life with them somewhere else but here.

But I had to remember our families. Dad, Lights, Becky. They would miss us. Hell, if anything they could come too if they really wanted to. But that would be up to them. And it wouldn't be easy.

Damn.

Not even thirty minutes later Michael knocked on the bathroom door before slowly opening it. "I've got them. I got three just in case you didn't trust only one of them."

I nodded and reached for the boxes as he handed them to me. "Thank you,"

He turned and walked towards the door. "I'll be on the back porch." The door shut behind him just as I looked down at the boxes.

"Here we go.."

--------

You've got to be kidding me, Ti. Carlisle replied.

Please tell me you are.

I swear you're so blind sometimes.

I can't believe this bullshit.

Will you reply?

The second floor's deck lined the back of the house in light wood. It widened out where the sitting area held the red cushioned chairs and the brick fireplace.

Michael sat directly in front of the fire with his back facing me and his head turned towards the pouring sky. I snaked my arms around his chest from behind. I leant my cheek against his and I could feel  the stubble on his jaw. "What did it say?" He asked.

This made me break into tears and soft sobs. He took my hand and lead me around the couch and on my lap. Kissing my cheek and wiping the tears away, my fiancé and father of my child rubbed my back to comfort me. I wasn't working. My adult life was officially starting and there was no way to reverse it. And it was my fault. I could have avoided it if I wanted to.  I didn't. I let him trap me into his little web. Now I'm marrying him and having his baby.

Fuck.

"It's okay, baby. I'll take care of you," he assured me. "I'll make sure you get everything you need and want, I promise. I swear."  He leant his head against mine. "Just ask me and I'll do it for you.. I'm so sorry."

I was truly stuck. There was nothing I could do about it.

*****************

I wanted to put pictures of the house they're in on this update buuuutt I can't find them. Oh well. Use your

SOOOO Yeah ☺️ aren't you proud of me? 2 updates in 24 hours, I'm the shiznit I know

Love ya, Inkies!

~Shann