Law x Rival/ Doctor! Reader

Requested/story idea by sayag4869  you are the best!! :)

Lonliness. That's all you've ever felt. Part of a school, literally called "The Untouchables," one would probably think that you were happy there. Just like how your parents thought. And your grandparents. And your... well, you get the idea. This school, was the most prestigious doctor school in the world, and everyone there was basically the kid of a millionaire or a child prodigy. Of the 30 students they take in a year, only 5 graduate. But those who did graduate become millionaire doctors (or else billionaires) who performs surgery for presidents.

That day, it was particularly hot and you were having trouble concentrating. You came through to the school by a scholarship, and was almost always top in your cohort, you and Law. You dared a glance over to Law, who sat beside you. He looked just as bored as you did, flicking his eraser dust towards other people. Suddenly, he looked up and caught you staring, and smirked, but not before you turned away in embarrassment and fury.

The teacher droned on, all his words going through one ear and out of the other. After class, you packed your bag hastily and started towards the door of the class. "Hey," a deep voice aid behind you. "You forgot this." You turned around, and was surprised to see Law.

"Oh." You replied gruffly, half snatching the book he was holding away from him. Hastily stuffing the book into your bag, you walked away from him, back turned so he couldn't see you blushing madly.

~~~~~~~~~Time skip~~~~~~~~~~

It was the examinations. You held up your nose proudly, as you (and everyone else) knew that you would come top in the school, as long as you beat Law. But your graduation was guaranteed, confirmed. Your grades said it all already.

However, walking to the examination room, looking at everyone else revising with their friends, a sudden wave of loneliness washed over you. For a moment, you couldn't breathe, gasping to find the breaths to take in. You fell backwards, but your fall was stopped by someone catching you. "Law," you acknowledged, but quickly got back on your feet.

"No thank you?" He teased, with the smirk that made your heart skip a beat.

"Thank you. Bye." You said, hurrying off to the examination room. I'm not here to make friends, you reminded yourself, I'm just here because I have my family to feed.

You gritted your teeth as you saw the intimidating quartz doorway to the examination room. When everyone was finally settled, the exam started. You almost let out a sigh of relief when you saw the paper was mainly on diseases, your forté. You had this beat. An hour later, you had finished three quarters of the paper and was happy at the progress you made, rolling your shoulder to get rid of the ache.

"I'm done. Can I go?" The now familiar voice beside you said, and you snapped your head up. WHAT?? HOW?? You cried furiously in your mind. You bit your lip and continued writing like a maniac on your paper.

You glanced at Law, who had now finished packing his bag and heading out. When he saw you looking, he winked at you, which infuriated you all the more. How could he have finished so quickly??

You finally finished and headed out to go back to your dorm, only to be stopped by Law. Again.

  "Took you long enough," he grinned, while you huffed and turned away.

  "What do you want?" You asked, eyeing him suspiciously.

  "Want to walk back together?" He said, smoothly ignoring your question. Or perhaps, you thought, that was what he wanted?

  As you walked back to your dorms, you managed to sneak a glance towards Law. The cute fluffy hat perched on top of his grey-black hair made him look so mysterious. His eyes, sunken into his head, was piercing and yet soft.

  You felt yourself caught up all staring at him, and didn't even realise when you had reached your dorms. Law turned abruptly towards you, and you quickly turned your head in the other direction.

  "Well... good luck I guess." He said, angling his head.

  "Y-yeah... good luck too."

  You caught his eye and just for a moment, a tiny part of you leapt with joy. Both of you lingered, not wanting to break the gaze of the other. A few seconds had passed, the sweet moment making your heart jump faster and faster. Finally, Law said, "Well, we'll see each other soon. Bye, (y/n)."

  And he turned to go.

  You started at his shadowy figure, disappointed at his quick departure, yet at the same time it was as if rainbows were dancing in your stomach. "Yes," you whispered to no one in particular.

  "I'll see you soon."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, once again, I know I don't update often but im sorrryyyy...  Here are the requests ones next... for those who requested more than one, I'll rotate so no one has to wait too long :) requests are still open, feel free to request a one shot!!

Law x Rival reader ✔
.
.
Evil! Genie Law x reader

Kid x shy! Neko reader

Luffy x Neko! Reader

Sabo x marine! Reader

Ace x Strong! Reader

Thanks everyone!!