“Where’s the bi-“ I stopped myself. “Where’s Dawn?”

He chuckled. “Still jealous over her?”

“No, Fred, I-“

“I’m only joking,” he said, patting my knee. “I know that you only hated Dawn because she’s soulless.” I just simply looked at him causing him to continue. “She dumped me when she found out that I wouldn’t give her a raise and wouldn’t let her move into our apartment above the shop. She was just a gold digging bitch.”

“Well, I could’ve told you that,” I laughed. It felt good to laugh.

He laughed as well. “Actually, Astoria’s been picking up the slack since I fired her. She’s very resourceful and smart and…” he trailed off for a moment, “…and funny and beauti-“

“Fred?” I asked, smiling like a banshee.

“What?” he asked nervously.

“You like Astoria, don’t you?” I elbowed him playfully. “It’s not a bad thing. It’s actually pretty sweet.”

“Do you think I should make a move?” he asked very quickly.

I opened my mouth to say yes, but I then remembered that she had told me about her boyfriend, Rolf, that was waiting for her back in Paris. Did she really love him that much? I didn’t say anything but just shrugged.

“Does she have a boyfriend?” he asked.

I looked him in the eye before deciding just to tell him the truth. He deserved to know exactly what he was dealing with. “Yes, she does, but he’s back in Paris where she went to school.”

He nodded. “An estranged boyfriend. Should I still go for it?”

I shrugged. “I wouldn’t go too strongly, Fred. Maybe ask her to dance.”

“You’re right,” he patted my knee again before getting up. “Wait,” he asked, looking down at me. “What’s going on with you and Ron? I heard him yelling when I was coming up. Something about not being sorry about anything that happened between you guys? Did something happen with my little brother, Court?”

I reached up for his hand so I could have help to stand. Once I was standing, I looked up into his eyes.

“Yes, Fred. He’s fallen in love with me or so he thinks he has,” I sighed. “And I-“

“Don’t feel the same way, apparently,” he smiled at me. “I’ve been down that road a time or two. Was he the one that you broke it off with me for?”

I shook my head. “No, he’s not.”

“So, he’s the one who gave you that ring,” he said, motioning to my chest.

I pulled the chain up out of my shirt to show him it. “Yes, he did. I love him a lot.”

“Well, I can see that if you said yes,” he smiled. “I can’t wait to meet him. He’s one lucky guy.”

I shook my head. “No, you wouldn’t want to meet him. He’s not exactly friendly with your family or anyone that is on our side really.”

I tucked the chain back into my shirt and turned from him, busying myself with my dress that I had gotten for the wedding. I heard him starting to say something but was relieved when I heard the door open to reveal Kam and Astoria.

“Not on our side?” Fred asked and I knew he was still facing me.

“Are you guys talking about Draco?” asked Kam, which made me spin around just to throw her a look.