When I brought him to the healer, the healer didn’t hesitate after she realize who was harmed. That was a long and painful process to wait through as she could only bandaged him. I will tell her name later but not today as she wasn’t important right now. She also made sure to make Foalan take the pain medication she made by force. Then she turned to me and told me to take him back to my room to rest.

Which leads to right now in my room.

I had laid Foalan on the floor carefully as I laid in my bed. But I was restless as I was thinking over and over what happened today.

What had he truly did wrong? He tried to tell you he didn’t mean to listen in, you could of listened to him instead of jumping to conclusions. I scolded myself. You shouldn’t of done what you have done. He’ll be more wary of you now, you know that, idiot? You’ve caused this…

I paused my thoughts before I continue it. But how am I going to make it up to him?

Then I came to a realization that I could start right now. I felt extremely guilty and it didn’t help knowing I was making him sleep on the cold floor with those injuries. Taking a deep, brave breath, I got out of bed to go over to him.

I gently stroked his hair back after I crouched down by his side as I stared at his drying face. His eyes were closed with his black long eyelashes. His brown hair was short but still there. His eyebrows were furrowed and his lips were in a slight grimace in pain but it was lightening up as the minutes ticked by. The pain medication must be finally kicking in.

I took another breath before I carefully picked him up, his head rolling into my shoulder. I didn’t mind before I hesitantly set him down into my bed. I made sure he laid on his stomach so his back wouldn’t pain him when he wakes up or at least, not right away. I moved the blankets up to tuck him in.

I sat down on the other side of my bed and leaned forward to look down as his starting to relax face. I didn’t understand why but I felt like moving his hair back lightly with my fingers, letting them go through his hair softly.

“Foalan,” I whispered quietly in a saddened tone, “I’m sorry that you became a victim of my anger today. I had went too far and you probably won’t ever trust being near me again. That saddens me to know that but it would mean I have to work harder.”

I paused for a moment as if I waited for a response but I could tell by his harsh yet smooth breathing was a sign he was still unconscious from blood loss and pain.

“I truly hope I didn’t break you already and I hope you will survive the night too.” I told him. “I don’t think I’m ready because I think I’ve grown…” I hesitated before I begrudgingly admitted, “fond having you around because your reactions are strange yet adorable-- that shy manner of yours.”

He still hadn’t woke up to my words and I was grateful.

“But I need to make it up to you somehow.” I said, frowning a little as I stared at his now peaceful face.

Then an idea dawned on me which caused me to smile happily a little and I reached out to rest my hand over his.

                                       I made a firm nod before I spoke out loud in declaration,

                       “I will find a way to gain your trust again so you can rely on me much more.”

                                              That was my new goal but the question was,

                                                            How am I going to carry it out?

__________________________________________________

Author's Note:

I know, I know, it was a short chapter! But don't hesitate to let me know where I should add more thing into this chapter because I didn't know what more to put in it truthfully.

Anyways, I hope you like this chapter! Tell me what you think about Verin now?

XxWolf_SpiritxX made me that cover off the side there and I dedicated this to her. (:

Thank you all sooo much for reading it so far =] I sadly won't be updating for a bit longer but mostly because I want to see my reads go up and my votes plus comments. Ahaha XD

So, don't forget to comment, vote, like, add it to your library, fan me or spread the word to your friends about this story! =D

Also, me and Genuinestar21 are co-authoring a story together. It's called What the Heart Desires from us as Genuineheart1521 [Thunderheart15 + Genuinestar21 = that username XD]. So don't forget to check it out sometime at http://www.wattpad.com/user/genuineheart1521 !

Again, thank you allll so much!

Have a great day, night and have a pleasant reading experience!