Katniss' POV

I suppose life has it's ups and downs, and right now was a down. I sit on the cold hard train cushion watching the tunnel out the windows fly by, blurring what vision I had left through the tears. I can hear the muffled argument of Peeta and Effie in the next room, but I'm in no mood to fight. Gale is sick in District Two, and now my children are home under the care of my mother. I know she'll do fine, but I feel like i should be doing a better parenting job. I sigh and lean against the glass, my cheek tingling with the sudden coldness. I hear the high pitched screeching of the train pulling to a stop, like a mouse squealing in it's trap. I struggle to stand, my weak knees being of no help. Peeta peers in, and holds the door open for me. I walk through and feel his arm wrap securely around my shoulders. My steps echo in the room as we head for the door. Peeta glances at me. We stop by the exit, waiting for the lurch if the train to signal it's stopping.
"This is absolutely preposterous." Effie complains, fixing her large white and gold hair. I turn to look at Peeta. Is this crazy? I'm going into a place full of sickness and disease- and bringing my one true love into it with me. Then I feel Petta's fingers wedge between my in an assuring grip. As if to say don't worry. His blonde hair now has whisp's hanging down in front of his face. I lean in and place my lips on his, and warmth spreads throughout me. Just as I pull away, the train lurches, and the heavy metal doors slide open.
I look out, appalled by what I see. There waiting for us are at least twenty armed guards, guns pointed at us. I hear screams behind them followed by gunshots.

I stand there shocked. I expected sick people, disease, despair- not monstrous fighting. I thought it had ended, all the violence I mean. The guards step up onto the platform we are all standing on. They jab the tips of the guns into our back, pushing us forward. None of us are armed, and even then were far outnumbered. Two guards take Effie and Peeta, pushing them near a large concrete building. Another pushes me further, not stopping. We get to this small area, which was probably beautiful before all this fighting. There's small cute houses, now grey and dust covered. The guard pushes me into a windowless brick building. We go to the very back, then stop. I'm struggling not to scream, but it'll only get me into more trouble. I stand, arms crossed. I can feel my braid going down my back and it starts to irritate me. I stare at the guard, refusing to show my fear. The guard points to the chair, near a small wooden table. I sit.