Chapter 23

Unedited

Alex was released from the hospital a few weeks ago and Aubrey is yet to respond to any of the medication.

I have been visiting her every day for the past few weeks. Alex have been recovering nicely and that just makes me happy.

"Autumn. "Alex whispered in my ear. I was still in bed with him beside me.

" Hmm. "

" Where's Aubrey. You told me we had a daughter. I haven't seen her yet. "

" That's because she's been hospitalized. She was kidnapped and she wasn't feed well and that really affected her since she's so young. They injected her with some chemical that blocked out her wolf and affected her powers. The  hospital is still trying to drain her body from the chemical but it already affected her heart and brain. There's a chance that if she survives she might not be able to speak or move. "

" Have you tried to heal her? "

" No, why. "

" Do you know nothing about gold wolves? "

" I'd like to think I know a lot. "

" I am a sucker for special wolves and at my past pack house the library was filled with this information so I read a lot of it. Apparently gold wolves can heal people or help with the pain. There are different ways of doing it and only the gold wolf can find that way. It takes a lot of concentration and peace. "he said.

" I think I read that somewhere but I don't think its true . Come on, by now I would've figured it out. "

" Have you ever really tried to heal something, anything? "

" No but I would've figured out that I could heal my daughter a long time ago. "

" But you've never tried. "he gave me the 'duh' look while shaking his head.

" Well let's go. "

" Aren't we having breakfast first. "

" You just told me I might be able to help our daughter survive and you're worried about breakfast. "

We quickly made our way to the hospital and rushed into Audrey's room.

" Okay, what do I do? "I questioned him.

" I dont know. Aren't you the gold wolf, figure it out. "he laughed.

I held Aubrey's hand and to no avail. I held her head, chest and her temple but nothing happened.

" Why's nothing happening? "I asked Alex.

" I don't know. Just keep trying, like focus really hard. "

I did just that while touching any sensible body part. Nothing happened.

" Okay, maybe I need to be full. Like not hungry. "I had no idea what was wrong.

I went to get breakfast and rushed back.

"Im not hungry anymore." I told Alex "It should work now." I focused fully while I held her temple in my hands. Nothing happened.

Again I focused completely while my hands were pressed against her heart.

I felt something, very little but there was no positive change rather the heart monitor began beeping loudly. I think this is what the called cardiac arrest. The line on the screen was moving frantically until it all stopped and the line went straight. The monitor began a monotonous beeping sound.

Doctors filed into the room asking Alex and I to leave. I couldn't understand what was going on.

If I killed my baby by mistake I wouldn't be able to forgive myself. Truthfully speak, I think I'd commit suicide. I wouldn't be able to live with such a heavy burden.

The doctor's were frantically speaking and it sounded almost like a different language.

Through the little rectangle in the door I saw them doing everything I'm their power to help her but that line was still straight.

I began silently crying as I watched my daughter die. She died because of my foolish antics. I was being a dumb așs.

Of course I couldn't heal people. I can kill but I can't heal.

Alex wrapped his arms around my shoulders as I balled.

My daughter is dead, our daughter is dead at my hands, I killed her. I KILLED MY OWN DAUGHTER!

Soon after the nurse came out to inform us.

" I'm sorry but your daughter didn't make it. "I faintly heard from her relatively long speech.

Right now all I understood was that I killed my daughter, my only daughter.

There were some doctors still in the room and I was unaware as to what they were doing.

I rested my head on Alex shoulder while I cried. Early a few people such as Jaxon and Mason arrived but they didn't help as much as Alex did.

While Alex whispered soothing things to me all I could focus on was my daughter laying lifeless in that room.

All because of her dumb mother.

~~~~~~~
Just Calm down and wait for the next update. 😄