07| sara, leo and virgo

scorpio

I was at Saige's house. We were playing soccer in the backyard.

"Sara, your kick isn't even good." Saige told me honestly. 

I sighed. "I'm trying." I said, waving my arms around. I never liked soccer. 

"I'd rather be inside helping you with your science project." Saige just laughed. 

"C'mon, Sara, it's really nice out, we're not just gonna sit inside and do work!" 

Saige kicked the ball back to me and I stopped it with my foot. I tried kicking it to her again but my kick was so lousy it went half way. Saige looked at me before saying,

"You know what, maybe you'll be better at ping pong." 

Saige walked towards the ping pong table in her backyard, which had a blue cover over it to protect it from rain. I nodded and followed her, and she pulled the cover off of it. 

"Red or Blue?" Saige asked, holding two things. 

"Blue." I said, taking the blue one from her hands. 

I was actually really good. I won the three rounds we played. Until my phone buzzed. I took it out of my sweater pocket and read the message. It was from August. It said mom was worried and I needed to come home now. 

"Sorry Saige, my mom wants me back at home. I'll see you at school tomorrow. Bye!" I called. I was running, and I heard a "Oh, okay. Bye." That made me feel bad. I reached the porch of our house and the door swung open. Mom was in a panic. 

"Sara, I think you should know whats happening." She flicked the TV on. The headline was terrible. 

leo

I was sad. I tried to avoid the news and I told Nina to stop texting me about it. The doorbell rang. 

"Leooooo, for youuu!" My mom called in an annoying voice. It had to be Violet.

Sure enough, Violet came upstairs to my room. She looked like she had something to tell me. She was holding a pile of paper. She dropped it onto my bed. 

"Okay." She put her hands  on her hips. "These are important." 

Oh god. "Are you sure it's not about the disease?" I asked, hoping it wasn't.

"No it's not, Leo, I would never do that to you." said Violet, looking sincere. "This website is lying." 

I picked up one piece of paper. Horoscopes. What did I expect. 

Violet started ranting about how the website says these things are useless and how the horoscope dates are wrong and I just read the paper. 

"Okay." I started, "Are you telling me you just came here with these papers, just to tell me THAT THE HOROSCOPES ARE WRONG AND USELESS? You could've sent me the link!" 

"Yes, but this is really important!" She played with her hair. "Horoscopes matter. One day they could control the earth or something. I don't know!" 

I sighed. "Violet. No one cares. Horoscopes are useless. What do they do for us? They're just signs. I don't understand why you're so obsessed. Get over it." 

Violet looked hurt. "No, they do lots. And I'm not obsessed. I really like them, I find them fascinating, like history. They might not do much now, but they could in the future. You don't get it Leo. "

"You're right, I don't. The website isn't wrong, maybe you're wrong. You don't know everything, Violet Parkers, you act like you do. You have a strange obsession with horoscopes. So I'll tell you the truth, they're cool, but they don't matter. They're not going to control the earth in the future. If you get rid of horoscopes no one would care. Except you. History and horoscopes have nothing to do with eachother-"

Violet was blowing up. "Yes, they matter. They tell your future! Ever hear of 'horocopes.com'? They do that, they really do. You can't get rid of them because you can relate. August is a scorpio, she acts like one, and you act like a leo. Horoscopes make us, us." 

"That's fake. Nothing can tell your future." I stated. 

Violet threw her arms into the air. "You know, Pritchett? I'm done!" She stormed out of my room and left. She left the papers there, and even her phone. 

What have I done?