02| scorpio - sara, virgo

march 4th  -sara

It's time. I ran down the hallway of the school. Science Club finished super late. We haven't gotten much work done so we had to stay later. I love science. 

The name's Sara Anne Waters-Lancaster. I pushed open the gate of the school's fence and followed the dirt path home. I live two blocks away from Hester Middle School.  Next year I will be in high school. 

I reached the door of my house and saw a note taped onto it. Obviously it was my older sister ( by two years!) August. 

'Anyone who's wondering.. yes.. I did leave. I went biking. Be back soon.' 

My sister has tons of friends. On the other hand, I do not. I am really good friends with someone named Saige. We moved here last year, and I technically would be in high school but the grade system is messed up. So August met lots of people but she's still referred to as the new girl. Saige was super nice to me, so we became friends right away. She likes drawing and I like making diagrams. 

I stepped inside. I gently closed the door, just in case, like in the books, someones inside your house ready to attack you. I kicked off my sneakers, and walked over to the window. I didn't realize that half of the snow in our yard was gone, no wonder August wanted to go biking. I head upstairs for my room, which I realized the walls are still blue. My dad never painted them. I wanted them white. I picked up a book called 'Sweet Dreams' which I got from my local library because horror books are my thing. As soon as I got to page 3, my eyes closed. 

---------------------------------------

after soccer -violet

I was pooped. I was the goalie and I let a goal into the net. A girl on my team, rolled her eyes and stuff, like she expected me to save every goal. The  other team was super good though, so it was hard to compete. I picked up my phone and I looked through my text messages. I got a message from Leo's cousin, Nina.

"Hey, Violet. Here's something I want to tell you. Apparently, there's a virus going around. Leo told me about it and I decided to tell you. It happened in December, recently. So, Leo was doing research. He came over to your house but you already left for soccer. He biked with someone for a bit then he came back home. He was looking at that news website and he managed to get to the December news. A deleted article which was put back up from a while ago read: 'One dead, new illness outbreaks in Africa' I thought I should let you know because you're interested in this stuff. Anyways, see you around! :) -Nina"

My mind whirled. December? Illness? Africa? One dead? Leo? How long would it take before the virus reached North America? Or will it? 

After researching this on my own, I found a recent article. From last week. The article read: 

"No one was ever aware of this until now. News from December? Whatever. No one cared. So they deleted it. But they brought it back. 'One dead, new illness outbreaks in Africa'  Well, that's in Africa kids. That's on our earth. In a matter of time I BET you that it will spread. So, what are we going to do about this? Well nothing. We can't do anything!! Last week, about 20 people from a small village got sick. 5 died. This is very important." 

What was happening? Six dead now.. I didn't know what was going on, but whatever it was, I needed to talk to Leo.