Chapter Thirty Four: Lasting A Day

Sorry for the mistakes. This chapter is unedited because I took so long to write it that I couldn't deprive you for longer just to remove mistakes.

Enjoy!

[ J U S T I N ]

"What did you do?"

"What?" Harry said, his voice almost gasping in shock at the question I unthinkably dropped on him. I watched him hesitate before repeating, "What do you mean?"

I picked up his full backpack, noticing the way he was eyeing the clubhouse door like a way of escape. He went to grab it from me, but I held it out of reach-- I needed an answer.

"What did you do?" I asked him again, "You're guilty, so what was it?"

He turned towards me, angry in his eyes but nervous in his body language. He shuffled his feet, lunging for the back and missing as I took a step back, recoiling and rebalancing before snapping, "I don't have a clue what you mean."

"Yes you do." I said, "Spit it out. Then you can go back to normal."

"I don't know what you're talking about!" He shouted, I breathed slowly through the sound of his voice ringing in my eyes, "I'm not guilty of anything, leave me alone!"

He scratched the back of his neck, rubbed the corner of his eye and sighed heavily.

I needed to teach him to lie better.

"Fine." I pushed his backpack towards him, "Don't tell me. But for Christ sakes, tell someone. You're never going to feel better if you keep it bottled up."

I spun on my heel, sucking in a sharp breath, before heading for the door, ready to go and find my daughters. Whether I was right or not about the guilt, there was something bothering that boy, and I wanted to know what it was desperately, before it was too late.

~•~

[ L I A M ]

"I think that's a little over the top Am'"

"Are you kidding me?" She gasped, "It is not over the top, you were shot in the chest once before and I don't want it happening again, I want you to keep the chestplate on!"

"But even when I sleep?"

"Yes! That's when the mobs are out."

I sighed, laughing silently to myself as Shadow's sturdy body swayed beneath me. I couldn't blame her for being so worried about my safety, she's been put through enough with me attracting arrows, but the chest plate plastered over my chest was already rubbing awkwardly against my collarbones-- this day was going to be painful.

"You have to understand this from my point of view. It's bad enough that we'll be separated for days, I especially don't want you taking any chances that could risk me losing you again."

"I know gorgeous, I know." I reached out, keeping one hand on the reins, leaning for her hand that she let me take. I squeezed her fingers between mine, trying to let her know I was hearing her loud and clear, "I'll keep the chest plate on if it'll make you feel better about this. As long as you promise me you look after yourself while I'm gone."

"Deal." Her face finally peeked up, revealing a white smile as she turned her head towards the sunlight. The worst of winter had passed as the new year had just begun, so the joyous golden sunlight was warm and welcoming. It made the shimmer tone of blue in Amber's hair come to the surface and I just couldn't help admire her for a moment.

"What are you planning on doing whilst us boys are away?" I asked her, anxious to keep her talking while I could still hear it.

"Probably just training and baby sitting." She said honestly, as we strolled on horseback down the street near my home, "Dad said he might specialty train Violet and I with our magic, that might be fun."