Chapter Twenty Six: Cork In The Sea

[ N A T A L I A ]

Princess AmyLee of Cariale was a persistent woman. She didn't take no for an answer very easily. She had this new found maturity mixed into her bubbly confidence; a maturity that caused a great deal of arguments in the RACS boardroom.

"No!" I argued once more.

"You're telling rightful heir to the throne of Caridale, Princess Amylee Calvin,no." Amy stuck out her chin.

I rolled my eyes, "I'm not telling the heir to the throne anything. I'm telling Amylee Thirty-Three no, actually."

"Drop the attitude young lady!" She scolded me, sounding frighteningly like my mother which make me both shocked and wildly uncomfortable at the same time. It felt like I was talking to a brick wall, she just wouldn't listen to my opinion in the slightest. All I wanted was an ally in the war, some supplies, the safety of Amy and her kingdom and to go home. One and two were already done, but Amy was halting our progress on number four.

"I'll halt the attitude when you listen to me." I said calmly, not rising to Amy's tone of voice in front of the RACS agents, "It's too dangerous Amy."

"I have to agree with the girl." Said Marcus, an older man in a smart uniform who was in charge of every meeting we'd had over the past few days. He sat at the head of the mahogany board room table beside Chastity, his second-in-command.

"The girl has a name." muttered Chastity, elbowing her co-worker in the side.

He apologised, "Sorry, Natalia has a point your majesty. The kingdom would never want to stand in the way of your life back home, but this is too risky ma'am. There's so many security risks in play for you and the entire kingdom. I would strongly recommend you don't exit the world border right at this point in time. Perhaps we can negotiate a time where--"

"I would strongly recommend you change your opinion if you want to keep your job." She scowled, gritting her teeth at the man who had paled drastically. Ash waved his hand in a lowering motion, telling his fiance to calm down a bit, but I had a strong feeling that wasn't going to happen until she got what she wanted.

"I don't understand? I left this world and lived in the world these kids are right now for over seven years. I fought in a war with SCAR twice and survived, so why doesn't anyone have some faith in me that I know how to look after myself now? I can handle a sword, fire a bow, cook, clean, build, survive, so what's the problem?"

"It's not that we don't have faith in you Amy," argued Harry, particularly smiley seated beside Vivienne, "It's that we don't have faith in SCAR to not turn this all upside down and screw around with you and your kingdom. You know how unpredictable they are."

"I've been dealing with SCAR since before you were born, I know how they work."

"Things have changed Amy." Harry was so calm and collected and he looked at Amy like he was begging her not to come home, "Please Amy, you haven't seen it. You didn't see what we saw when they attacked. It's worse than anything they've ever done before."

"Which is exactly why I should come home with you!"

The four of us collectively sighed and slumped our shoulder's, realising it wasn't going to be easy to discourage Amy. I knew what she meant and why she wanted to come home with us, but she couldn't see the forest for the trees. Caridale was a priority for her, this was her kingdom! No situation, no love for us kids or her past home should come in between her and her people. It was her sole job to protect those within the world of Caridale and keep them safe and she needed to do that instead of protecting kids who don't need protecting.