Sunday

Yeah, I know yesterday was Easter, not today. But I wasn't on yesterday (part of my Sunday policy, computer stays asleep). But what a lovely lot of resurrection posts I came back to this morning!

Well, I'm a bit of a rebel where "Easter" is concerned, considering that we have fifty-two entire Sundays in a year where we're supposed to celebrate the Lord's triumph o'er the tomb, and because of "Easter" we had to take a break from a perfectly good series in Genesis (either that or break up the perfectly good series on Timothy). But I am filled with gladness over the joyous witness of my friends here, your earnest, uplifting posts in memorial of the Day that made our faith sure!

"If Christ is not risen, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins." -1 Cor. 15:17

"But now we do not yet see all things put under him. But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honour, that he, by the grace of God, might taste death for everyone." -Hebrews 2:8b - 9

"But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. ... But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ's at his coming. Then comes the end, when he delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when he puts an end to all rule and all authority and all power. For he must reign until he has put all enemies under his feet. The last enemy that will be destroyed is death." -1 Cor. 15: 20, 23-26

How glorious it would be if every Lord's Day Christians remembered his resurrection like we did yesterday! What a never-ceasing cycle of praise to rise weekly from our hearts! How much better we might bear ourselves and one another up!

As my father said in his sermon on 1 Peter 3: 8 - 22 yesterday morn: "If we are promised suffering in this world, even called to have joy in it, why do we complain so much over what we have to bear? Because we fail to remember the resurrection.

"Jesus' resurrection is not meant to resemble a reversal of our own fortunes -- a bigger house, more friends, that new car. It is the reversal of our fortunes. He has ended our contract with death."

He is risen!!!