Chapter 4

Hello my little love bug!!! Sorry it took so long but my computer wanted to act weird yesterday when I tried to upload but it's not acting weird now. Hehehe. Well here's chapter four and i hope you guys like it. We get to find out what happened to Tristen after he passed out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Death's POV

“Sorry but I can’t move.” Was the last thing, my bride said before passing out. I stared at him impatiently as he lied there unconscious. In the effort of saving the girl he claimed he loved, he suffered many injuries. He’ll catch a fever and die if I continue to let him stay like this. I thought to myself.

            “Akira. Grab the boy and lets go. I’ve grown tiresome of this.” I ordered my familiar. He obeyed and grabbed my bride with his teeth and waited to go. With the snap of my fingers, we vanished and appeared in the maids’ quarters of my home. I was expecting to see Roxi but she was not there. I took my bride from Akira and told him to fetch her at once. I sat my bride in an empty chair and went looking for something to stop the bleeding in his arm. I found a dish rag and tied it around his arm and sat down in a chair in front of him. “You foolish child. Do you really think you can be everyone’s hero?” I asked him but of course there was no reply.

            “My lord!” Roxi exclaimed as she and another maid ran into the room.

            “Roxi, my bride has been injured. Tend to his wounds and give him something for a fever.” I ordered her.

            “Yes, my lord but isn’t he your wife?” She asked.

            “No. A ceremony shall be taken place here. There were some complications. Now make haste, I wish to see my bride immediately after he awakes.”

            “Yes, my lord.” Roxi said as she and the other maid took my bride’s arms and placed them around their necks in order to take him upstairs to his room. Soon after they left, I went to my library and sat near the fireplace. Thomas soon came in to greet me and served me some tea. I paid no attention to the scent or to what Thomas was saying. My complete and utter focus was on my bride.

            For three full days, my bride slept peacefully. I would check in on him periodically but was told that I was getting in the way of others and would leave. On the fourth day, my bride was partly awake but was still under the influence of the medicine Roxi had been administering to him. On the fifth day, I heard a commotion coming from his room. When I walked in, my bride was out of bed and Roxi was trying to calm him down.

            “Please, sir, if you just allow us to change your badges then we will leave you alone.” Roxi explained as my bride stood by the window shirtless with a knife in his hands. I looked over at the bed and a tray of food was sitting on the nightstand.

            “Who the hell are you?” my bride asked calmly but angrily.

            “It was only five days ago when you realized who I am. Have you truly forgotten me that quickly?” I asked announcing myself in the room.

            “My lord?!” Roxi and the other maid said while moving out of my way.

            “Death! Where the hell have you taken me?” My bride asked.

            “You are at my home, where you shall live out the rest of your days as my wife.” I said nonchalantly. Something shot past my face and hit the wall. When I looked behind me it was the knife. I touched my cheek and sure enough, it was cut.