Chapter 10

Hello love bugs!!! I know you guys have been eagerly awaiting Chapter 10 and it's finally here!!! We finally find out what Death has to say from himself after hurting our lovely Tristen. Hehehe. This shall be interesting!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Death's POV

Shit! That was the look my wife held on his face. That expression was reasonable considering how his condition is part of my doing. I sighed to myself as I pulled the chair that sat next to his nightstand next to his bed. I sat down and placed my head in my hands as I watched my wife, watch me. His gaze made my heart jump, race, and throb all at one time. It was strange. Ever since that day Roxi and I returned home to the house in complete chaos from the struggle my wife had with Thomas, my heart had been acting strangely.

            I was pulled away from my inner thoughts when I heard my wife groan in pain. I looked at him and noticed that he had somehow pulled himself put a bit.

            “Idiot, what are you doing?!” I snapped as I grabbed him and gently pushed him back down.

            “I need some water.” He replied hesitantly and hoarsely. I looked at the glass of water and basket with the bread loaf in it and sighed to myself. Of course he’d need water. He’d been unconscious for more than three weeks.

            “Then you ask.” I said as I grabbed the glass and placed the straw to his mouth. He looked at me strangely then at the water. “Well are you going to drink it or not?” I snapped.

            “Being nice isn’t going to fix it.” He replied coldly. I stared at him for a moment before finally realizing what he meant. I was a fool to believe that my wife would actually have forgotten what I had done to him. I placed the glass on the table and walked away from him. I stood in front of the window and stared at the snow covered landscape just outside of the window. I ran my hand through my hair and stopped as my wife’s comment repeated itself through my head and my chest heaved. “Where are Roxi, Diana, and Lily?” My wife asked.

            “They back at the main house, where they need to be.” I replied distractedly.

            “Then where are we?” He asked.

            “At the moment, we are at one of the local hospitals but now that you have awakened, we will be going to a cottage until you become well enough to do things on your own.” I replied.

            “A cottage? Why? And what do you mean by ‘we’?” My wife asked.

            “Yes a cottage, because it would be much easier for you to do things on your own there then back at the main house. And when I said ‘we,’ meant me and you.” My wife stared at my wide eyed.

            “You and me?” my wife said. “I’d be better off with Thomas kicking my ass everyday!” My wife protested.

            “The arrangements have already been made. I shall tend to you until you become well enough for us to return home.” I said walking over to him.

            “I’m going to die. I’m definitely going to die.” My wife replied; more to himself than to me. I sat back down in the chair and looked at my wife. Although I thought that the punishment I had given him was necessary, at the time, I fully regret it now. My wife lied before me with his left arm shattered and both his hands broken. The doctors said due to so many broken bones, it will take time for his limbs to heal and there is no true guarantee that they will be of use to him once they have healed. I hung my head low as I sat in my self pity. As I sat there, I yearned for the touch of my wife. Some sort of reassurance that although what I did was wrong, he forgave me but I was not to get such a luxury. I brought this upon myself as soon as picked up that knife.