"Thought you were gonna do it all." Zayn said quietly, concentrating.

"I think I do enough for you already. I don't want to do this by myself." Harry said, folding his arms.

Zayn paused, Harry's words rubbing him the wrong way.

Like sandpaper against a baby's skin.

"You do enough for me? You let me cheat off of you in math. Don't act like you're my savior or some shit." Zayn scoffed.

"Without me letting you cheat you wouldn't even be passing. I'd say that's more than enough. So help me with this project." Harry demanded.

Zayn glared at him. "Okay you know what? Fuck your answers. I don't need your help, of all people's." He said coldly, shoving the paper onto the desk Harry was sitting in.

Harry sighed heavily, trying to remain calm. "Just quit being lazy and help me with this project."

"I'm not lazy. You're going to have to treat me with more respect if you expect me to work with you." Zayn warned.

"Fine." Harry said through clenched teeth.

"So, what do you want me to do?" Zayn asked.

"I want you to get the bean seeds." Harry said.

"Bean seeds? That's a thing?" Zayn frowned.

"Well duh, Zayn. Everything starts from a seed." Harry said.

"Yeah? So...chickens come from chicken seeds?" Zayn asked.

"No, I meant- look, just get some fucking bean seeds okay? I'll get the different liquid types and I'll conduct the experiment at my place. I have a lot of windows so light won't be an issue." Harry explained.

"Okay. So...bean seeds. Is that all I have to contribute here?" Zayn asked.

"No, we both need to take observations and record data separately." Harry said, reading from the paper.

"So I guess one day next week or whenever one sprouts you can ride home with me after school and look at it."

Zayn chuckled. "Yes, that sounds fun. Going to your house to look at a fucking bean sprout."

Harry looked at him. "I mean do you have another way?"

"Yeah, you record the data and I'll just copy it but change a few words and add my own opinion as if I was there." Zayn said.

Harry felt oddly offended. "My house is clean, you know."

"I'm sure." Zayn muttered, avoiding his eyes.

"I'm just not into visits. Ever. So yeah." Zayn lied.

"Okay." Harry said slowly, staring at him.

Regardless of his original reason for staring at Zayn, Harry's attention drifted when he noticed Zayn's eyelash length.

They hid his eyes completely when he looked down.

How aesthetically pleasing, Harry thought.

Maybe Zayn did have one nice thing about him.

"Um, if you can bring me the seeds by Wednesday I'm sure we'll see a sprout by the weekend. Can I send you a picture and you record the data from that? So it'll be more accurate?" Harry suggested.

"No, I'm busy this weekend." Zayn said.

"Too busy to look at a picture for like five minutes?" Harry asked skeptically.

"You want the real answer?" Zayn asked, still not looking at him.

"Yeah." Harry decided.

"Well, for one I have plans this weekend Niall so yes I'll be busy, two, I don't want you having my number." Zayn said.

Harry was offended again. "Why not?"

"We may be cool but that doesn't mean I have to like you." Zayn said, being brutally honest.

Harry's expression hardened, and he fought to understand why Zayn was such an asshole.

"Fine. Whatever. Enjoy your weekend-long date." Harry said as he got up to leave.

"It isn't a date." Zayn said sharply, causing Harry to stop.

"Wait, you two aren't dating?" He frowned.

"No! Why does everyone- no. He's just my friend." Zayn almost snapped.

"Ah. Well, good." Harry said, walking off.

Zayn shook his head angrily, his anger quickly fading when he got caught up on Harry's words.

Why was it good that he wasn't dating Niall?

×××××××××××
A/N: Clarification is on the way :) Yes this chapter is titled 010. No it isn't a mistake, let me be special.
-Z