Chemistry

(The song isn't mine, all rights belong to Hot Chocolate [You Sexy Thing].) 

5 months after Hannah's death

"Clay can you past me the wrench?" Tony asked digging deeper into the hood of his car.

"Sure."  Clay jumped off the counter in Tony's garage and dug in his toolbox. He found the wrench and stuck it into Tony's waiting hand.

He muttered a "Thank you" under his breath and continued to work on his car.

"That should do it." 

Tony closed the hood to the 1966 Mustang and rubbed his hands together. He wiped his brow with the back of his hand trying, not to spread oil all over his face. He went over to the sink and washed his hands.

"Can you go wait on the lawn and fill the buckets?" 

Clay nodded and walked out of the garage.

"I'm going to back out into the driveway." Tony yelled after him. 

The familiar hum of the Mustang echoed garage as Tony backed out. He slowly came to a stop and got out. 

"Head's up."

Tony turned around just in time to catch a flying sponge aimed at his face.

Water dripped all over his clothes.

He groaned in annoyance and looked over to see Clay's lopsided smile.

"I'll get you back for that." Tony raised an eyebrow, smiling at him.

"I'd like to see you try." Clay laughed setting down the soapy water buckets.

"Let's get on with it, it's hot!"

With that, the two boys started to work on the car.

Tony could feel the sun hitting his back as he scrubbed the rims. He sighed and wiped the sweat off his face. The heat seemed to get to worse as time went by. He glanced over at Clay and almost fell backward as he did a double take.

Clay was bent over the hood scrubbing at the windshield. Tony watched as the excess water dripped down the windshield to the hood, soaking Clay's white shirt.

Tony could feel his cheeks slowly start to heat up.

Tony looked up from his crouched position to Clay across the hood and noticed he didn't seem to pay any mind to it. He tried to bend down to get a better peak but, was disappointed when he couldn't see anything.

"God, I'm such a perv."

Tony slowly moved to the next rim and dragged the bucket with him. He slyly placed himself in the perfect spot to view Clay from across the hood. Tony gently rubbed the rim of his car with the sponge trying to stay focus but, found it hard whenever Clay shifted around. 

"Tony?" Clay asked standing up and stretching out his arms. 

"Y-Yeah." Tony looked up clearing his throat, afraid he was caught ogling his boyfriend.

"You ok, you seem awfully quiet?"

"Y-Yeah I'm fine, it's just the heat." Tony said shifting his eyes quickly down from Clay's eyes to his body and back up.

He could see the shirt plaster to Clay's chest and torso like a second skin. The white shirt revealed his slender, lithe figure and his rosy pink nipples. 

Clay shrugged seemingly oblivious to the situation and continued on with his cleaning.

Tony could feel himself getting even hotter and he knew it wasn't because, of the sun.