Chapter 31: Vegas

Start from the beginning

Her eyes lit up, shifted in her seat as she dropped her hands to her sides. "Vegas? Married? You mean the drive thru?" she bit her bottom lip, and I could tell she's thrilled with the idea.

I nodded my head. "Yes," I replied.

Her excitement suddenly withered, her shoulders sagging as she leaned back against the backrest. "Why?" I asked.

"Mom and dad will surely disagree, and grandpa will be upset after he already sent the invitations?" her forehead scrunched up, she looked disappointed.

I grinned at her. "That's the reason why I want us to get married soon, well, aside from I can't wait for you to be Mrs. Valiente." I took her hand and kissed her knuckles.

She sighed. "Are you sure about this?" she asked.

"Of course, I am!" I gave her a reassuring smile, and she drew in a long, heavy sigh before nodding her head.

When we arrived at the Palace, the limo where her parents are with Grandpa had come before us.

I helped her out of the car. "We are leaving tonight after dinner," I whispered when I saw her parents coming towards us.

Natalia grinned and nodded her head before turning to meet her parents. As soon as she turned her back at me, I pulled my phone out and dialed our private pilot and arranged our flight tonight.

.....

Iya's POV

I was so thrilled with this trip with Raffy. I honestly didn't like what grandpa did, playing us with his hands, but in some ways, I kind of thankful too. And I understand if Raffy doesn't want to be here after all that happened. Just for today, it was exhausting.

I'm definitely looking forward to this Vegas trip.

"Oh, honey!" mom cooed. "I can't believe you're getting married soon, and it's a royal wedding!" mom rambled, "it's every woman's dream." She goes on and on.

I was just smiling, my head is wandering away.

Ember and mom were so elated of the upcoming wedding. They couldn't stop talking about it.

"Mom!" Ember interrupted her.

Mom turned to her. "Yes?" she asked.

"Dad's calling you," she said. I frowned. I didn't hear daddy calling her. Dad was talking to grandpa, they were standing close to the fireplace while drinking Scotch. William is with them. I didn't see Nikolai or Maria yet.

"Alright," mom rose from her seat. We watched her as she sauntered towards dad.

Ember gave me a soft nudge. I shifted my gaze to her. "Dad didn't call her, did he?" My eyebrows darted together.

She giggled. "She's too excited!" she said between giggles. She leaned towards me. "Do you know William Morrison?" she asked.

I watched her face. Her gaze glued to him, but William had no idea my sister had her eyes on him.

"Yes, a little bit," I replied with less interest.

"Does he have a girlfriend?" she asked. Her eyes sparkling.

She hooked her hand around my inner elbow as she leaned her head against my shoulder. She had that dreamy look on her face.

"As far as I know, no."

She sighed. "Do you think he'll notice me?" she asked.

"Ember!" I warned.

"What?" she pulled her head away and turned her gaze to me. "When you flirted with Raffy before you two became an item, I didn't stop you," she pointed out, widening her eyes at me.