Chapter 16: Maddened Midas

Start from the beginning

Sven creates a dome around the three. He was about to send an electrical jolt into the wires when...

Slash!

From Linda's unconscious body came a red blur and sliced Sven and Allona's joint attack! The red blur shows itself as a red flame and materializes into a young boy holding a large knife.

"We've been held for far too long. We're leaving, Patrick, Schwarz. Jay, clean them up," and the president turns his back from them.

The despair ridden Schwarz and the knife wielding Patrick follow suit. The mad man called Jay jumps off and faces the two. On the ground, the madman roars and boasts his deep green aura!

"Money, money, money! Huahahahahahahahahaha!!!" The man laughs voraciously as he charges for them.

Sven tries using his EX-Arm to restrain him but the man's green skeletal arm just turns it to gold and absorbs it! Next, Allona tries to use hers to distract the man with an EMP. The shock was enough to stop him for a while but...

"Money, money, MONEY!!!"

The man charges at full strength and nearly grazes them! Keeping the man from touching them was hard enough, they also needed to keep the unconscious ones safe.

"I have to help them out! But I can't leave these two like this..."

Marcus was inside the vehicle keeping guard of the two. The fight, if you could even call it that, goes on as Allona and Sven try desperately to suppress the insane man.

"From what Schwarz said, there might be a chance that another Spectre would come. I can't leave them while something like that might happen!"

Stuck with safeguarding Chee and Ken, Marcus gets the idea of driving the vehicle and gathering everyone that was unconscious. He gets Chee out of the driver's seat in one go and drives the amphibious.

"That's Marcus..." Sven notices and thought of what he was doing.

Sven takes action and wires everyone who were on the floor. Save for Kedrick, everyone was flung to the vehicle. Marcus maneuvers the vehicle to make it spin and catch all of them with the open back door of the amphibious. To cushion them, Marcus immediately stands up from the driver's seat and catches all of them with his enormous body! As he puts them down, he notices Ria's injury and immediately heals her with the medical kit and his EX-Arm.

"Good move, Sven! But we still don't know how to deal with him..."

The madman continues to laugh and shout about nothing but money. The two were losing options when everyone in the vehicle began to wake up...

"Captain! Chee! And all of you!"

"Huh? Marcus?... Oh, right! Where's Schwarz?!" Hugh says as he woke up.

"Schwarz left with the possessed president. That was probably Fernando Marcion..."

"So he's on the move, huh? Just as Schwarz said. But why did he take him?" Hugh asks.

"He didn't say anything..."

"We have to go and chase them!" Ria said.

"But we have to deal with that lunatic first..." Linda, whose eyes were heterochromic black and white, said.

"Linda?" Ria noticed Linda's unusual way of speaking and attitude.

"I'm not your friend. We're currently using her body for now. I'm Schwarz' father, Geno Glendan."

"Some of us are within you. We had to do it to prevent us from being turned into their side along with Schwarz."

"But don't worry, she's all right! Its just that she's still thinking about what she did... To Kedrick that is," Linda speaks in a different manner this time. It would be inferred that that was Bakatsuki.