Chapter 16: Maddened Midas

As Schwarz turns his attention to them, something approaches from the houses' rooftops...

"Hold on..." Allona checks Ken's reader and notices a second incoming EM source.

"There's another one coming! No, wait..."

The reader then suddenly picks up another one! There were two now en route to their position!

"Allona?"

"Sven, get ready to engage! There're two additional incoming hostiles! You prepare for their arrival and wire the place according to their trajectory!" Allona then shows the reader to Sven.

Sven readies his EX-Arm and covers a portion of the area with wires. Allona prepares to engage the now ominous Schwarz and activates her EX-Arm when...

"You, who has been ridden in despair! Hear me!" A loud voice reverberates throughout the neighborhood.

Allona and Sven raises their guard. Meanwhile, Schwarz, who wasn't himself, turns his attention to the skies. It was a calling! From whom did it came? It was none other than...

"Follow me, Despaired One! Avenge yourself against them! Unleash your inner spite!" Suddenly, a man appears from the rooftop of one of the houses.

Allona identified the man as the president of the nation!!! She couldn't believe it! Why was the president there? No less jumping off rooftops!

"You seem troubled. Is it because I'm using the president's body?"

"Using?!" Allona asks in slight surprise.

"I possessed this stupid man and sent his soul to the Netherworld where he is being punished," the possessed president said.

"Then the president..."

"Enough talk! I came here for one purpose only... Schwarz, you've finally broken free of those chains of yours. Now is the time that you send all that pain back!!!"

Without hesitation, Schwarz proceeds to his side. Now that they were outnumbered, Allona and Sven team up to launch an attack. Sven was about to stop him when the other man intervenes and turns the wire into SOLID GOLD with a touch from a large green skeletal arm that formed just above his forearm!!!

"My objective here is complete. Go on and have fun with them," the president tells the other man.

"You'll pay me up, RIGHT, RIGHT, RIGHT?!" The man yells in a crazed manner.

"Of course, that was the deal!" And the president was about to leave when...

"Sven Strings!!!" Sven sends a stream of strings that we couldn't see.

Just then, Schwarz protects him with a wave of dark fluid! It quickly freezes the wires and shatters them! As the pieces fall, Schwarz shows his face to them...

"Someone died again... I don't want that... I can't let that... No," Schwarz was crying!

"Schwarz! Get ahold of yourself, man!" Sven said.

Schwarz doesn't respond and just cries. Nothing seems to be reaching him!

"He has released his despair. There is no way he can hear you now," the president said.

"We'll just see about that! Allona, boost! He's shrouded by that thick aura. That means, he's turned into a Spectre! I don't know how but if that's the case..."

Sven sends a barrage of empowered Sven Strings! Once again, Schwarz' mysterious powers freezes all of it.

"Not yet!"