t w o

( two; nine months later )

NINE MONTHS HAD passed since Jodie Jones had nearly died

NINE MONTHS HAD passed since Jodie Jones had nearly died. Nobody believed that she would wake up from the coma. Her injuries were some of the worst they've seen happen from a car crash, which only made it harder for her parents to cope. Everyday her parents would wish for her to wake up, and everyday Jodie would get weaker.

The doctors had announced that if Jodie was to wake up, then she would probably die in the matter of a few hours. Even after hearing this, her parents still prayed upon a miracle. They wished that she would wake up and be healthier as ever, that she'd be their baby girl once again. All of their neighbourhood tried to tell them not to get their hopes up, but it never worked.

The town that Jodie had once loved had given up. Mostly everyone in the town who knew about her had given up. They believed that Jodie would not wake up, they believed that she was gone and would never be brought back. One person in particular was certain that she wouldn't come back, and if she did then her life would be made into a living hell.

Shelia Matthews was scared. The former best friend was scared that if Jodie came back, then Jodie would tell everyone about how Shelia backstabbed her. Nobody would skim past the fact that Shelia left her friend to die, but they would skim past it if they didn't know. Shelia was hellbent on keeping her secret a secret, even if it meant blackmail.

If Jodie ever woke up, then Shelia would make sure that she wished she'd never woken up. Of course, Shelia would privately tell her why and then force her to keep the secret. Even if Jodie does promise to keep Shelia's secret, she would still have living hell to see what would happen if she betrays Shelia — just like Shelia had in the burning car.

Today was a particularly sunny day, not that anyone in the gloomy town cared. People were too busy to notice how the weather was unusual, unusual for their town of course. Once Jodie had slipped into the coma, the town had darkened considerably. The weather was always cold, dark and very windy. So the fact that it was sunny for the first time in forever was unusual, but no one decided to notice it.

Mrs.Jones was more on edge than usual, considering she'd turned paranoid ever since her daughter nearly died. Today hit the mark of nine months ever since the fatal car crash, one that had nearly killed such a young and innocent girl. The last nine months had been hell for the Jones' family, considering how much they loved their only child. If Mrs.Jones could, then she would trade spaces with Jodie in a heartbeat — as long as it meant that Jodie could live her life to the fullest.

"Do you think she'll ever wake up?"Angie asked her husband, her eyes gleaming over at the thought of Jodie never waking up.

"I'm certain that she will,"Giles assures his wife, gently placing a kiss on her hand as they look over at their daughter.

Tears were now streaming down Angie's face. Her tears had no faucet to stop them from falling, and it had been like this for the past nine months. Angie was not prepared to lose her daughter, especially on the terms that they had ended. She didn't want the argument to be the last words that had been passed between them, especially when it ended in a note with three words that crushed Angie's life.