Chapter 4

Lucas' pov.
I was left shocked after Maya said that wasn't real. I couldn't find what to say. She walked out and I saw her beside the art room. I decided I would talk to her after school.

Unfortunately, Riley asked me to go to Topangas after school with her and Evelyn. Of course I had to say yes. To be honest, she isn't the best. I know she seems nice, but she just isn't for me.

We were all sitting in Topangas when I saw Maya walk by. She looked like she was about to cry. I made up some excuse to leave and I followed behind her.

Even when we were dating, Maya never told me where she lived. She didn't notice, and it started raining. She didn't bother to walk quicker and she was starting to walk to the bad part of town.

Does she really live here? I asked myself when we arrived. I saw here sigh and walk in. I looked through the window and saw her clean up something.

She walked to what I'm guessing was her room and take out paint. I saw a painting that was beautiful. It was a girl, all by herself, everyone else shitting her out. Was that meant to be her?

When she finished, a man walked in. He slapped her. SLAPPED HER! What? He said something to her then took the painting. I quickly ran to the next window and watched him throw it in the fire.

Maya fell to the ground in tears. It hurt me so bad to see this man doing this to her.

He started walking up to her, making a fist. I knew I had to help so I opened the window and yelled

"HEY!"
Maya's pov.
My dad and I quickly looked over to the window revealing Lucas.

What was he doing here?

"MAYA! WHY IS THIS BOY HERE? IS HE YOUR BOYFRIEND?"

"no dad"

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOURE DOING HERE PRETTY BOY?"

" YOU WERE ABOUT TO HIT HER" he yelled back at him

"YEP AND NOW I CAN HIT BOTH OF YOU!"

He was about to punch Lucas when I jumped out in front of him and it hit me instead. My dad was caught off guard by that and Lucas hit and knocked him out.

He grabbed me and started carrying me to a car. Someone came to pick him up. My eyelids got heavy and I fell asleep.

---
When I woke up, I was in Lucas' house in his bed. I had an ice pack where I got hit and cut. Lucas and his mom came in soon after.

"Hey Maya, in so sorry that this happened. Here," Lucas' mom handed me towels, " go take a shower honey"

"Okay, thank you" I say barely able to get the words out.

I was I so much pain but I finally made it to the bathroom. I took off my clothes and looked in the mirror. Bruises, scrapes, scars. Ugly. I tried to find a razor but I couldn't seem to find one.

I had so many cuts on my arm and I deserved it. People think it hurts, but it feels good compared to what my dad has done.

I turned on the water and made it warm. I quickly took a shower and got out. I wrapped myself with a towel and I realized I didn't have any clothes. I peeked out of the bathroom and saw Lucas on his phone on the bed.

"Hey Lucas?"

He looks up "Yes?"

"Do you have any extra clothes, I don't have any."

He got up and got a pair of his sweatpants and a shirt.

"Um... can I have a long sleeve shirt?" I don't want him to know I cut

"I don't have any."

"Oh um... that's okay."

I guess I'll just have to hide them.
He hands the clothes to me and I change into them.  I put the cuts to my side where you couldn't see them.

When I walk out, Lucas tells me to sit on the bed. I walk over and sit

"Explain" he says

"Um... well."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
An- another chapter for you guys!

-Emma 👑