Chapter Sixteen: Everything! Pigs Really Can Fly!

I finally found a sofa, so I took a seat, slumping. I'm starting to feel nauseated. I rub my temples with my fingers.

        "Nerdy Nelson?" I felt a part of the sofa beside me dip down.

        "Not now," I groan, burrowing my face into my hands. "I'll slap you."

        "I'll like to see you do that." He pulls my hands off of my face and makes me look at him; Raymond. "And yes now. Did you come alone?"

        I cautiously scoot a few inches away from him, glaring. "Nope, I actually came with my boyfriend," I said matter-of-factly.

        "He's not your boyfriend. I know it, and I know that you know, too."

        "Knock, knock!" I smile widely at his fuzzy figure.

        He stares at me weirdly, not like the action is not commonly used. "Who's there?"

        "Tank!"

        "Tank who?"

        "You're welcome!" I giggle at my own lame joke.

        He roll his eyes. "You're so dweeby."

        I cough on purpose. "Says the dweeb himself." I cough again. I then tried to stand up on my feet, but I was stumbling. Raymond shots up and help balance me, or what I think he was about to do, but I shove him away unconsciously.

        He stumbles back but soon recomposed himself. "Nerdy Nelson, are you...drunk?" He stares at me with slightly widened eyes.

        I slap his arm. "No," I scoff. "I'm hungry." What? He did pretty much challenge me when he said, 'I'll like to see you do that!'.

        He lets the slap slide. "Hey, Hungry, I'm Bae." He smiles smugly at me.

        "Okay, now shut up before I swipe that smile off your face. No one shall get in the way of my food and I!" I then tried to speed-walk back towards the kitchen, but of course I was stumbling once again.

        He catches me and gasps in exaggeration. "You are drunk!" He accused.

        "Am not! I already said I was hungry!"

        "You are drunk, stop denying." Then he muses, "'Cause the sober Cinderella would never joke around with me. She'll probably even punch me."

        I throw my arms up. "Cool! You go, sober Cinderella! Plus, I will not only punch you, but I'll kick you in the groin, too." I blink. "Wait, was that another challenge I just heard coming from you?"

        "What if—"

        "What the hell is going on here?"

        Ray and I turn to face the person who had just spoken. My smile widens, and so does my eyes in glee. "My boyfriend came back from the dead! I thought you left without me, idiot." I engulf him in a hug, my arms around his chest.

        "What the actual heck, Raymond?" he growls, ignoring me. "What happened to her? What did you do to her?" The typical worried questions.

        I don't know how Raymond was reacting physically 'cause my face is pressed against his chest, but I can still hear his vocal voice. "Oh, I was just taking care of her while her irresponsible 'boyfriend' was absent," he replies smugly.