Chapter Five: Their Little Cutie Pies

I inspected my surroundings very carefully, with lots of curiosity.

Sprinkles.

Sprinkles and ice cream.

Literally everywhere. Ice cream of all flavors, sprinkles of all colors and shapes.

But then a deafening high pitched sound was heard all around me. It took over my senses, except my hearing, and so I couldn't move. Frozen to the spot. Everything starts to fade and melt away like dripping water paint. But then before I was able to catch on to what in the world is happening, I—

"Ahh!" I jolted awake to a sitting position.

BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP. BEEP, BEEP, BEEP—

I let out a groan. "It was you!! Shut up!"

BEEP, BEEP. BEEP, BEEP—

I reached towards my nightstand to where my alarm clock was and almost smash it into smithereens. Yup, I am definitely not a morning person. Who knows what I might do before I knock out of my sleep-daze? At least it sure is good at waking me up in the mornings. Though it can be so very annoying sometimes. No, all the time. But why did it have to ruin my dream of ice cream? I guess it likes torturing me when I don't have nightmares. Like of me being chased, falling off of very high buildings, being hopelessly lost in the 'unknown', drowning in lava—okay I think you get the point. Plus, my examples are pretty cliché anyways. 

Talking about food (a.k.a ice cream)...

I heaved myself out of bed and started getting ready for school. After twenty minutes, I was dressed and ready to go! Wait, how can I almost forget about breakfast when I just mentioned 'food' back in my bedroom?

I dashed downstairs to the kitchen and poured myself some cereal and milk. It's nothing much, but at least it's something edible in the mornings. Besides, I already made bacon and eggs yesterday for breakfast. Though that was when I fancy some bacon and eggs, so that's why I made myself some bacon and eggs. Pretty captain obvious.

I'm not a bad cook nor am I a good cook. It probably depends on the mood I'm in when preparing the food. Or if I just feel like trying my best to improve my cooking skills or not.

But I'll be late for school if I don't hurry up. Oops, I think I accidentally spilled some cereal on the table...and milk.

-

Finally, finally I've made it to Dartwell High. Not that I want to be here more my daily punches. Talking about punches, I should really be more aware while passing through the hallways. You know, try not to bump into anyone.

Yeah, I really am the clumsy and definitely not the social type.

I didn't take a bus—the school bus—to get here. I drove myself here by car—my car. Though I haven't seen any signs of Bennett, Jordan, Declan, or Naomi yet.

And about Alex...I have no clue on how she arrives at school. Like did she use a bus, or did a friend drive her there? No that's ridiculous, middle-schoolers can't own a car. Nor can they have their own driving license. Maybe she...she has been walking to school all along without me knowing.

My eyes darted from left and right before heading for my locker. If I keep this up, I could reach my locker without many issues. After I slammed my locker closed, I grabbed the necessary things that I'll need for my first period—pre-calculus—and settled off for the classroom.