Chapter Two: Don't Worry! Just Run!

"Ashley, Ashley, Cinderella!" Shouted a voice with a few hard knocks on the door, apparently locked. "May I come in?" The voice whined. "Nope," I answered.

"Awww come on," the voice plead.

"No is a no, Alex," I shouted. Then I heard some clicking sounds and then bam!  The door bursts open to reveal my little sister, standing in the doorway with a smirk.

Usually she would be somewhere else like in her "house". She rarely visit me in the daytime, just at night for dinner which just turns out to be pizza pretty much every night. I'm not really sure why she's visiting me now, but secretly deep down inside of me, I'm glad that she did. Life can get a little lonely here, just living by myself in an apartment.

"Did you really think you can stop me from coming in by simply locking the door?" She playfully asks," I was just knocking to try and be polite."

I knew the answer straight away. "No, of course not. But I know you'll only do that if you're brave enough to sacrifice your dessert for tonight, which turns out it's gonna be vanilla and chocolate ice cream," I answered with a smirk as hers faded and she dropped dramatically onto her knees. "No, not the ice cream! Especially not the chocolate flavored ice cream!" She exaggeratedly wails.

I can't help but giggle but then my giggles turned into hysterical laughs. My sister seems to be the only one who is capable of making me laugh, not in a forceful way though. That's why she's very special to me, even more special to me than all the riches that we both own, that we both have easily in our reach. Due to the fact that our parents do have some important jobs as a vet and a scientist who both play a role on saving and helping animals that are not just in the wild.

She then got up and ran towards me then jumped up onto the bed, landing right in front of me. "I got you on that one," she winked. I smiled warmly at her in return but soon my smile turned upside down. Her expression soon became serious all of a sudden. "It's those bullies at your new school again isn't it?" She growled. I shook my head.

"Hey how's those two hands of yours though?" I asked, trying to change the subject when I suddenly remembered the day when I was sent to the principle's office not to far ago in the past. When Logan Morse began -tried- to beat me up, as usual so it wasn't really a surprise though.

Then when Alexandra showed up out of nowhere and began to beat him up for me, causing her knuckles to get all busted up again after an only-few-days of recovery from when she thought it was a terrific idea to beat someone up at her middle school, Parkcrest. "Oh, um, it's not a big deal. Don't worry big sis, I can take care of myself. Even better, help take care of you," she forced out a smile. I glanced down at her knuckles to just find out that she wasn't okay. Her knuckles are still all bruised up.

"You shouldn't go off trying to beat other kids who are older than you, especially when Logan's eighteen while you're only thirteen years old. Take thirteen away from eighteen and you'll get five. That means—"

"That he's five years older than me," she finished, cutting me off. I nodded with a frown. I then glanced down at my silver wristwatch on my left hand to see that it read 4:23 PM.

Oh no, what about the meet up with the four at Starbucks?! They told me to meet them there, at a Starbucks that they didn't even told me the name of to be exact, after school today! And to make matters worse, I haven't decided on going or not yet!

"Ashley, hello. Are you still on this planet, Earth, or have your soul drifted off into space, leaving only your body behind here with me?" Came Alexandra's voice that jolted me back to my senses again, out of my thoughts.