Chapter 1

Emily above ^^ (Edited)

~•~
My name is Emily, I live in New York with my loving parents. I'm 18 years old and I have yet to start college. I am currently a babysitter. I love children. They are so sweet, funny, and cute. It hurts me to think that people could hate them. I love to read, write, and dance. When I dance I just feel like I'm free, you know? Ever get that feeling?

I looked at the clock and saw that it was 3:30. Well let's see, that gives me about 6 hours to sleep before I have to go baby sit Joey.

~•~
I got up and started the shower. I stripped from my clothes and hopped in the shower. I washed my hair with my favorite coconut shampoo and conditioner. After stepping out of the shower, I brushed my teeth.

I walked out of the bathroom and went to my desk. I grabbed the foundation and started putting it on. I then grabbed my mascara and applied it. Good just the right amount.

I ran downstairs and saw my mom and dad eating breakfast.

After I kissed my parents on the cheek I sat down. "Good morning lovelies! How did you sleep?"

"I slept great, honey." Mom replied.

"Well, that's probably because you took up half the bed." My dad grumbled.

"Oh, boo hoo stop complaining!" My mom said while rolling her eyes.

After I finished my breakfast I stood up and said bye to my parents.

~•~

I knocked on Mr. and Mrs. Phillips door. I heard shuffling behind the door and then was greeted with a happy face.

"Hello, Mrs. Phillips,"  I greeted.

"Oh Emily, how nice to see you again. Please call me Stephany!" She exclaimed.

"Oh okay, so Stephany where is little Joey?"

"He's up in his room probably playing video games." Stephany said while rolling her eyes.

"Okay, well nice talking to you."

I proceeded up the stairs, opened the door on the left, and walked in. I saw Joey, of course, playing video games on his bed.

I plopped down beside him. "Hey little man." I said while messing up his hair.

"Hi Emily. Could you not? Lilly likes my hair messy." He complained.

"Lilly?" I questioned

Joey blushed, "Yeah, isn't her name just wonderful?"

I smiled, "Awe, does my little 9 year old have a crush? When did this happen?"

"Well, yesterday she gave me half her sandwich..." He blushed and looked down, "so I said thank you and sat with her."

I laughed, "Oh, so what does this Lilly look like?"

"Um, she has blonde hair and blue eyes. She always wears dresses and they're always pretty. Um, her teeth are pretty also. "

I smiled "She seems like a really nice girl."

"You want to play this Sponge Bob game with me?" He questioned.

"Sure!" I grabbed the remote and started playing.

~•~

I walked out of the house and headed to the nearest cafe.

I walked in and sat at a booth. I should really do some college applications here. I pulled out some college applications and started filling them out. Once I was done I walked up to the counter.

"Hello, welcome to Laura's Café, what can I get you?" The friendly lady asked me.

"I would like a regular coffee with cream and extra sugar."

After about 5 minutes, the lady gave me my coffee.

I turned around and began walking until I stumbled into something and my coffee spilt everywhere.

I looked up and I starred into these beautiful brown eyes.

"I- I'm so sorry." I grabbed a bunch of napkins and started to wipe him off.

He smiled at me, " Oh no it's fine." He said while grabbing the napkins from my hands.

"What's your name?" He questioned.

"Uh E-Emily." God, can I stop stuttering?

"Well, Emily I'm Derek. I don't think a pretty lady like you should have to worry about cleaning up this mess." He smiled showing me his perfect teeth.

"No, I really should. I caused this myself." I replied

"I'll tell you what. Since you really want to clean up this mess how about you give me your number," he questioned, "so we're all happy," he added quickly.

I blushed and smiled, "okay," I took a napkin and wrote my number down on it.

"Here." I said handing him the napkin.

He smiled and winked at me, "Until next time beautiful."

With that he walked out.

"Wow, someone is lucky, did you see how hot he was?"  The lady at the counter said.

I laughed, "Yeah, I saw him. I never would've expected to give a hot guy my number because I spilled coffee on him."

My phone suddenly rang so I answered it.

~ Phone convo ~

Me: Hello?
Person: Yes, is this Emily?
Me: Yes, it is why?
Person: Well, I saw your ad online about being a babysitter.
Me: Oh yes, did you need one?
Person: Well kinda, would you be willing to be a full time nanny?
Me: A nanny?
Person: Yup, my daughter Sophie is 4 and she needs a full time nanny. My son can't do it because he goes to college in the morning.
Me: For how long?
Person: Just till my work schedule clears up.
Person: It says here you are in New York. Well that's a problem.
Me: Why?
Person: Well, because I'm in London. Hmm... what if I did this... I will pay for your ticket to fly here so you can be my nanny! What do you say?

~•~•~~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
Authors Note:

Wow what will Emily say  to that? She would have to leave her family and friends if she takes the offer.

This is my first chapter so I hope you guys like it.