Chapter 19: Swim Lessons

Start from the beginning

"Kataoka-san, you received an email from someone named 'Tagawa Kokona'," said Ritsu, holding up a letter sign from the email.

Kataoka had a look of disappointment. "Ah...she's a friend. Sorry, but could you read it to me?"

"Hai!" Ritsu chirped, then made a face.

[Megumegu, what's up? (^^)v
Aaactually, I'd like you to help me with some school stuff again~♡
Let's meet up at the family restaurant in front of the Torima station 〜(ゝ。∂)
Yayyy~!☆☆☆]

After reading the email, Ritsu commented, "That's everything. It seems as though this person has a low IQ."

Kataoka had an expression as though she was tired. She climbed out of the water, then told Ritsu to reply with,

[I'll be right over. d(^_^o)]

She grabbed her jacket before leaving. "Alright, you three. I'll be going, since something came up."

As she left, you Nagisa, and Kayano were confused. "What was that all about?"

Kayano noted, "She seemed pretty gloomy just meeting a friend..."

"That seems strange, and a bit suspicious, to be honest," you told her.

"How 'bout we go peek at the station? I'm especially worried about her since she's such a level-headed person," said Koro-sensei. "Those who everyone relies on tend to keep their hardships to themselves."

• • •

The family restaurant was called "Cyberia" and was a bit popular in the area. The four of you had followed Kataoka to the restaurant, and was behind one of the boothes, wearing tea-shade glasses to hide yourselves. Koro-sensei also had a peaked cap and a wig to keep himself disguised as a human.

Kataoka was explaining to her friend in a subject when you were watching, "I keep telling you, the grammar in this part wrong. The right way to do it is..."

"Oh! I get it! So that's how it works!" Her friend cried.

Tagawa Kokona looked like a nice, bubbly girl wit black hair tied in two pigtails. She didn't seem that smart, as to what Ritsu had said.

"Finals are coming up, y'know! Megumegu is in the E-Class, but your good in all my bad subjects!" she exclaimed.

"I guess..." said Kataoka. "Say, Kokona, there's something I want to do. We're not in the same class anymore, so you calling me out all the time is...well..."

Tagawa had put her mechanical pencil close to her mouth in confusion. "...what do you mean? I'm relying on you, yet you're telling me not to call you anymore?"

Kataoka nervously tried to explain, "No, that's not what I'm saying, but一"

"How cruel," said Tagawa in a resentful way. She slammed her hands against the table they were sitting at, knocking Kataoka's drink over and spilling it all over her notes. "And you were the one who nearly killed me, too."

You, Nagisa, Kayano, and Koro-sensei watched in utter shock to how this girl treated Kataoka Megu, the female class rep.

"I almost died because of you, and now, I'm so scared I can't even get in the water," Tagawa hissed. She took your class rep's hand and began to lick it, since the drink that had spilled was all over it. There were also fake tears rolling down her cheeks. "You'll support me, will you? Forever."

The expressions on your faces were so clear that this girl was not normal.

Tagawa looked at her phone, and her expression changed back to being bubbly. "Oh, well would you look at the time~. I promised to play with a friend, and I'm going to be late."