Chapter 2

You checked your schedule, marking "x" on all the tasks you have accomplished for the day. You're already done assisting two of Sugawara's patients during their discharge, administer medication to your patients and even assisted a pathologist during autopsy.

Feeling drained from all the work, you pulled out the 6th energy drink you had for the day. Its only five minutes before twelve noon but you're pretty sure your body won't last long if you don't drink this much.

"Level 2 Lesion on Lumbar Spine 3"

You shook your head, remembering Oikawa's condition. Its as if a bucket of cold water poured down to you by the time you skim through his medical records.

Worst thing about your job - your future job that is, is that you can't let your feelings involved. You may feel sympathy, joy or pain but you have to keep it yourself. You have to show and let your patients feel that there is hope, no matter how dread the situation is. Let them know you're doing your best to cure them; so they'll fight alongside with you.

In Oikawa's case, that is just so hard...

Truth be told, you're a big fan of Aoba Johsai's Men's Volleyball Team. Not to mention Oikawa is very passionate about the sport. Before he became the captain, the team is not as good as they are right now. Strategy, focus and hunger for victory is Oikawa's strongest points. Top that with his pretty face and cunning words, it's no wonder why every girl in the University swoons over him. He even became the cover feature of a volleyball magazine once.

Seeing him the way he is right now plus the probability he's unaware of it, pierces your heart like thousand knifes.

He'll be devastated.

You're not even sure why you're affected this much.  Its not like you personally know the "Great King". Yes you suck on pretty faces but you felt that this "feeling" is more than his physical features.

You thought it might be because you we're stuck in the same situation before.

Loosing your driving force...

Loosing the thing that keeps you motivated... 

You can't even imagine how you manage to keep it all together and live. Surely it'll never be the same without her. But deep inside you know this is what she wants.

To continue living.

To look forward.

To grow stronger.

"Okaa-san. Help me out here." You breathe in. You shake your head to regain focus. Its already twelve noon. Time for Oikawa's 2nd dose and after that,  you can have your lunch break.

For now you need to focus on one thing and that is to take care of Oikawa. "Surely, the doctors may come up with a solution." Is what you try to assure yourself.  In these type of situations,  you believe in mind over matter. Oikawa is an athlete. Maybe... Just maybe.

"Yahooo! (F/n) - chan hisashiburi!~" He greeted by the time you turn the knob and enter his room. You slouched your back,  releasing all the tension and stiffness it accumulated from walking down the hallway in correct posture. Everyone knows you're not a big fan of it,  but your instructor noticed it once and you had a 30 minute lecture with him about the importance of correct posture and how it can make you look confident and respectable in front of your patients.

"We just saw each other a while ago Oikawa - san." You answered.
"(F/n) - chan you look horrible! You're like a walking dead!" He commented. True enough, you pretty much look like one. Your skin is pale. Lips dry. The dark circles around your eyes is bigger than your actual eye. Even your hair shows how stressful your day is. It just wont stay straight no matter how much you comb it.
"Well. I'm up for like... 30 hrs now so..."
"Get some sleep idiot!" Your eyebrows twitch a little. Does he actually care? Well its Oikawa - The Ladies Man. Not like he means what he say when it comes to girls.