Chapter 21: Feel so close

Okay, I have to get up now. The snooze button has already been pressed twice and I don't want to risk being late to work.

But there's a small problem. Someone is currently keeping me from leaving.

"Go back to sleep." Alex murmers after letting out a big yawn near my ear. I don't have a single clue on how he doesn't have horrible morning breath. He can not be perfect.

"You know I can't." I groan annoyed that I don't have a choice.

"Just call in sick and stay with me. I can cook breakfast and we can continue watching the show." He hugs me closer to his warm body and it's getting difficult to disagree with him. My back is facing his front with my fuzzy purple blanket covering us and I feel like I'm wrapped in a comfy cocoon.

After our heartfelt discussion in the park, Alex and I popped two bags of the popcorn he brought and attempted to binge watch "Ghost Whisperer". Almost six hours after we began watching on my laptop, we both ended up falling asleep on my bed.

"Alex, that's not an incentive to stay. That show creeped me out. Plus, I'm starting to wonder if you're secretly a psychopath. What kind of person googles: Scariest Ghost whisperer episodes?"

"I feel personally attacked right now, they were the best episodes! You'll be fine, I'll protect you from the ghosts. Just maybe not the one who had it's mouth and eyes sewed shut with stitches. That one gave me chills. You're on your own with that one." I feel him shudder recalling the disturbing episode.

"That's not funny! All right, I'm waking up for real now. I'm working by myself today until two so I have to open the store." I manage to lift his heavy arm and escape his grasp before finishing my sentence.

As soon as I step foot on the cool tiled floor, I hear a crunch and sense something uncomfortable under both of my feet. I move back and see that one of our popcorn bags fell and random kernel pieces are scattered through out my room. I quickly try to locate the other bag and breathe a sigh of relief when I see it on my nightstand.

"Jenny, look at all the mess you did." Alex smirks then leaves the bed and starts cleaning up. "Go ahead and get dressed for work, I'll take care of this for you."

"Thank you so much!" I place a quick kiss on his right stubbled cheek before grabbing a red plain shirt along with a pair of jeans from my closet and running into my bathroom. I have to hurry and change clothes in addition to brushing my teeth.

I take a brief glimpse at my cell and see that I have ten minutes to leave my apartment so I can make it on time. I hope I can pull this off.

Once I'm done, I move quickly and gather my crossbody purse and keys. Alex isn't in my room and I wonder if he has already left. I'm pretty sure he didn't tell me goodbye while I was in the bathroom.

Unless he did and I just didn't hear him? No time to think, just go.

"Here, take this for breakfast! It's the most important meal of the day." I hear Alex yell from the direction of my kitchen before a solid flying object hits my shoulder. "Sorry babe, I thought you were going to catch it."

"I thought you had left." I pick up the cocoa puffs cereal bar and throw it in my bag.

"I was waiting for you. I have to go visit my dad he-" Alex starts to tell me when we hear the noise of a door opening. I look to my left only to see Rebecca gawking at the scene playing outside her bedroom.

"Alex, what are you doing here?" She tries to regain her composure and discreetly straightens her silk pajama tank top and shorts. I don't miss the fact that she's basically checking him out right in front of me.