Part Ten

Part Ten

The evening had become very dark since the rain, the beautiful summer’s night had been disturbed by the still threatening black cloud, and they burst into the opulent foyer bedraggled and wet. There were some strange looks from the bar and reception, but he crowded her from the prying eyes, pushing her towards the stairs and up to their room.

Closing the door behind them he turned to her and saw she was shivering. Pushing her towards the bathroom he said “get out of those things. You’re freezing.”

She emerged a few minutes later wearing a gown, towel drying her hair. She found Marc wearing just a clean pair of jeans, no shirt and no socks. She took a deep breath, amazed that the sight of him like that was enough to make her heart skip a beat.

Hearing her behind him he turned, handing her a large brandy glass, “Drink this.” He moved past her into the bedroom.

She sat silently, knowing she owed him yet another explanation. She took a deep breath; she wanted to be with Marc she knew that. It’s just that with every new level of intimacy between them she could almost hear Richard’s derogatory and violent words and actions, insulting and bringing her down. She had to get past that, and see that Marc was different, that he was the good man she saw before it was too late.

Downing the warm dark liquid, she headed back into the bedroom. She eventually found him in the bathroom, hands on the sink, his head dropped.

He didn’t stir until she put a hand on his back, “Marc, I am sorry; I should never have reacted like that.”

With his head still bowed he murmured, “I knew what I was taking on Iz, and I promised that I’d take my time with you. But it seems every time I push too hard.”

She pulled him around to face her, “it’s me that’s at fault. I’ve spent five years thinking that if I showed any interest in sex or love then I’m a slut. It’s not your fault, you’ve been patient, you’ve been everything...I just need to hold my nerve and get past all my demons.”

She placed a hand either side of his face, “there‘s nothing I want more than to get in there,” she nodded to the bedroom, “and how shall I put it….get to know you better?”

He half smiled, “only if you’re sure Isobel, I’m not forcing anything on you, this has to be your decision.”

She reached up and placed her lips over his, pulling his head down to make things easier. She thrust her tongue into his mouth, and nipped at his bottom lip playfully.

                “Are you sure?” he breathed into her lips.

She stood back and took his hand. “I’m sure.”

In the bedroom she pushed him to sit on the bed, and then undid her robe. Only the pink lace knickers remained. He took a deep breath as she came and stood between his parted thighs, reaching up to kiss her once more.

This time the kiss was furious, teeth clashing, tongues touching, lips dragging at the other. His hands wrapped around her, parting her robe, as he pulled her closer to him, she could feel his excitement against that single piece of scant lace. Throwing the gown off, she slid her arms around his neck nuzzling into his chest, the coarse hair, abrasive to her sensitive nipples, the stubble of his jaw against her forehead.

Throwing back her head his mouth investigated her neck and throat; his hands were sliding under her pants. Wanting, needing to be close to him, she climbed up to sit astride him, their pelvises causing an erotic pressure in each other’s most sensitive parts. Her thoughts were clouding with lust as he lifted her to lie on the bed, kneeling beside her to pull down her pants. At the same time he started to loosen his belt.