miles

Miles walked into find his mother sitting at the table papers spread out in front of her. She had a tired look on her face and he knew the reason why. He had been in the hospital last weekend and the bill had come. His family had always struggled with money. When his mom saw him standing there she looked up and smiled at him. "How was your day honey?"His mom would always try and hide her emotions from him. She was always acting cheerful for him even though both of them knew that things were falling apart. She was trying her best for him so he was going to put an equal amount of effort into acting like everything was okay for her too. He returned the smile. "My day was great Mom but would it be okay with you if I spent some time over at Jax house? I would be home early and everything so you wouldn't have to worry about that." "Of course honey just make sure you be safe and call me if you need anything. I don't want to hear that you and your friend were doing anything that you are not supposed to do so think smart." "Mom you act like I'm still a child I'm going to be fine." "Alright now get out of here I love you." "You too mom I'll see you later." Her treating me like a child could get annoying but it was nice that I could say at least one parent cared about me if I didn't have her I would be left with no one. I ended up getting to Jax house rather quickly. His house was nice  and in a very different neighborhood than my own and was definitely nothing like what I had grown up in. I only lived in a small 2 story brick house and my mothers garden dominated most of the backyard. I knocked on the front door jax opened the door smiling. ''Minecraft?'' He instantly asked me ''Ya but don't we have that assignment for Mr. Parks class?'' ''Yes but I have already finished it.''  ''Well then I  guess I can do it later when I get home.'' ''Okay cool lets play now.'' We played minecraft till Jax mother walked in later that night.
She asked if I would like to stay for dinner.  I said no because my mom wanted me home I told Jax I should get going I said by and told him I would see him later. As I approached my house I could hear yelling I knew my dad was home it would be a long night. When I walked in mom was in the kitchen crying and dad was on the couch drinking it was only 7:04 and he was almost out. I knew their was nothing I could do to help my mother the last time I tried it did not work out as planned. ''I'm home'' I called from the doorway mom immediately stoped crying wiped her eyes  and walked over to me. My dad didn't even look up at me. ''Mom I'm really tired and i have homework so I am going to go to my room and do it.'' I really wasn't tired I just can't be out there like that you probably think I'm a coward but my situation its complicated some of you may understand Maybe not but like I said my situation is complicated. As I climb the stairs to my room I realize I do kinda have a headache probably from the video games playing for so long always hurt my eyes anyway I did still have homework to get done and maths wasn't always easy for me it just did not come naturally like music did. I was still a pretty average student though thanks to my mom she always caught me up when I missed. When I was finished with my homework my head still hurt so I took a pain reliever and went to bed. It was still early but I had school tomorrow and who knows what else I would have to deal with tomorrow so it was not a bad idea.