He didn't think he could take any more of it and he knew the worse of the story was yet to come. 'Things got out of hand fast, Fin didn't like how the deal was going. Between one minute and the next my father lay dead on the floor. Fin had shot him in the head right in front of me. I couldn't even scream, I couldn't do anything but watch his lifeless body on the ground. Then it went dark they had blindfolded me and tied my wrist. It didn't matter that they didn't bound my mouth, I couldn't make a sound. I was lifeless and was of no use as they took me' Jonas held her as she cried. Her little body rocked with her sobs and he felt them deep in his soul.He couldn't even imagine what she had gone through and survived. 'Sometimes I still see the way his blood formed around the legs of our coffee table, hugging the foot as it ran along the hardwood floor. '

He didn't know how long they sat there but he continued to hold her and rock her softly. It didn't matter that he didn't say anything, he knew from the way she gripped him he didn't have to. He kissed the top of her head. 'I didn't know...'

'No Emma. That's enough for one day. I'm so sorry.' He whispered.

'No I want you to know everything. But I can't tell you what happen after they took me. All I know was that I was locked into a dark room. I was in some kind of trance you know? I end up passing out and when I woke up I was in a hospital. A cop, Jesse, informed me what happen. He and his team had been working on Fin's case and had been staking out his operations. It was how they were able to find me. They had raided the warehouse where I was being kept and manage to rescue me. They also caught Fin and a couple of his guys but some got away.'

'Jesse the guy you were talking to on the phone?' He asked.

'Yeah. He and two other guys have stayed with me to protect me, but only Jesse and Albert remained with me. I'm not in any immediate danger but we are close. Fin was a very wanted man and after working on the case Jesse got enough evidence to put him away. Plus with me testifying there's no chance of Fin getting out...'

'Then why do you need protection if...'

'Unfortunately he still has control and power over his gang and still continues to run his operation. They haven't made a move towards me but Jesse still suspects that Fin will. My picture in the magazine will surely put me on the radar again.' Jonas suddenly felt guilty for bringing her in his life. What if they come after her? Her life wouldn't be the only one in jeopardy. The life of his twins were also threatened. Instinctively he reached around and cupped her stomach. 'I've been able to live a relatively normal life and that night with you was the first I have ever lost control.' She sighed and placed her hands over his on her stomach 'But it's hard, not knowing when and where he will strike. It could be anytime. I think that's why Fin hadn't tried to hurt me yet, the suspense is a part of his torture.'

Jonas shifted her so she was looking up at him. He kissed her before releasing her soft lips 'Everything will be alright. Nothing will happen to you. I will do everything in my power to keep you and our babies safe.' She looked at him sceptically before she sighed.

'I'm leaving soon. Jesse will want to move to a new city. The only reason we stayed so long here is because I'm pregnant and I have Kelly.'

That little information shocked him 'No you are not leaving this city. I just found you and you're having my twins and I will not lose them.' He said forcefully standing up. There were plans to be made, for both his wedding and he damn well plan on taking care of Emma's problems. He had friends in high places and could easy get the things he needed done. He didn't get this far in the business world without making equally powerful friends and acquaintances.

'It's better if I leave. I may come back when everything is done with.' she whispered softly. Jonas glared at her.

'If you run from me, make no mistake that I will find you.' He didn't like the secretive smile she gave him. It means she knew something that he didn't.

'If I run you can't find me. You can't find me unless I want you to. Jesse and the guys are geniuses.' She said a hint of pride in her voice. The ringing of her cell caught their attention 'It Jesse. I need to go.'

'Okay. Let's go.' She looked at him with surprised evident on her face. He was taking her to her apartment; he wanted to have a talk with this Jesse to find out all he can. He went and helped her get up from the sofa and couldn't help but smile at her. 'Don't you want your dress from last night??'

'No. It won't fit me anymore, just throw it in the bin.' she replied. Once at the door her help her in her shoes. He grabbed his keys and head for the car 'Wow. This place is beautiful.' She said admiring the large spread of freshly cut grass on both side of the long drive way. He admired his estate, as if seeing it for the first time. It was a large estate with a mansion occupying its ground and a couple outer buildings like a pool house and a few guest houses. He had purchase the place two years ago simply because he could.

Palm trees covered the land providing shelter from the sun. Living here for two years he had never thought to go and just sit in the grass and relax. The image of him lying in a blanket with his twins almost made him stumble as he walked down the steps. It was such an amazing image. Emma would be there too feeding his babies. 'You have a fountain.' He chuckled at the wonder in her voice. She went a look in the fountain that stood in the middle of the drive way that provided a roundabout. She looked like a little princess with a look of pure awe on her face. It was like she discovered a magical place.

He suddenly saw her in a new light. He saw her strength underneath that fragile cover. She was a strong woman to deal with what she went through and still find zest for life. To still find take the time to admire the small things such as the fountain. It made him realize that he never once stopped his fast life, never stop and smell the roses, so to speak. To really appreciate what he had and the fortunate life to not experience the horrors that exist in the world. The horrors that she escaped from.

He made a promise to himself then that he would take care of her. He would treat her and their marriage like it was a love joined union. Even though she hadn't accepted his proposal, he was still confident that she will. What she told him just increase his protective side. Making sure she was settled in the car he went around his side and got in. He turned and looked at her for a few minutes. She gave him a side look before blushing and looking out the window. He grinned and start the car.

When he got to her his massive gate he cursed silently. Cameras were outside the gate snapping away as soon as they came into view. Emma groaned beside him, covering face with her tiny hands. Sometimes he honestly didn't see why they trouble him so, sure he owned a couple magazines here in the US and UK, but it wasn't one that dealt with celebrities and the like. His dealt with science, agriculture and the environment. Featured people who make real differences in the world. It's his passion to highlight what is going on in the corners of the world, highlight people that change the world everyday with simple inventions. He put a face to those who normally wouldn't get recognition. His magazines also feature aspects in third world countries and give recognition where there is none. He took the ordinary and makes it extra ordinary.

'Just hold your head down honey and don't mind them.' He told Emma manoeuvring his way through the throes of cameras and their occupants. As soon as he was cleared, he sped away.

'Is it always going to be like this?' Emma asked quietly from beside him. She was twisting her hands nervously.

'No. Everything will calm down soon. It's big news to them to see a confirmed bachelor get hitched.' He grinned when he caught her glare. The rest of the car ride continued in silence. He occasionally looked over at Emma but soon find she was asleep. He smiled.

From the file he had requested of her, he knew her address so he didn't have to wake her up. What the file failed to mention was so much of her past, he guess that was kept under lock and key. He made a mental note to talk to his head of security.