Chapter 26 - STRIKE! Lisa to the rescue!

The end is coming...whew...wait I need to get in the mood, so I'm gonna go play some GTA Vice City while listening to Taylor Swift and Linkin Park.

And yeah, I'm weirder than Lisa.

*an hour later*

Okay I'm back! Here you go!

Alison POV

"We're too late," Karin whispers as she looks at me with eyes full of fear and panic.

I bite my lips, "No, we're not."

"What are you-"

Cutting her off with a smile I say, "I'm going out there right now. And no, don't even think of coming with me. If Ryder is seriously here then how are you going to explain all of this to him?"

She opens her mouth to protest but decides to close it once she realizes that I have a point.

Grinning at her one last time, I turn away.

I place my hands in front of me, balancing my body weight on my hands and knees.

"And Lisa?" She asks her voice quivering slightly.

"Yeah?" I give her a sideways glance.

"Thank you."

I smile at the sincerity in her voice.

She doesn't say what she's thankful for or what are the few droplets of water on her cheeks.

But she doesn't need to.

Taking a deep breath, I start crawling through the narrow vent.

The metal surface is cold against my warm hand, as if teasing me with thoughts about the cold reality.

As much as I try to push it away, I know something has happened.

And I also know if I don't hurry something even more terrible is going to happen.

My knees scratch against the uneven metal surface. The skin would have come off if it wasn't for my jeans.

But the same can't be said for my exposed palms as cuts have already began to form on them.

Gritting my teeth in pain, I push myself forward. The vent is so low that I'm not even crawling. More like dragging myself forward like a snake.

Speaking of snakes, don't I have a biology test tomorrow?

And speaking of school, don't I have parents too?

Oh fuck.

I start crawling at a speed so fast even Flash would be jealous of.

Parents. Better than any kind of energy drink.

I sigh in relief as I detect the exit a few feet in front of me. A soft light is coming out of it, illuminating the dark place slightly.

Grunting, I place my elbows to support me as I push myself out of the narrow hole.

Great, now my dirty mind is offering all sorts of images.

With great effort, I somehow manage to push my rear side out too. I sigh as I feel the cool breeze on my face.

Outside world! YES!

This should be an episode on prison break.

I shake my head to clear the random thoughts.

Not the time Lisa!