Chapter 14 - Do you know what you mean to him?

I wake up in a terrible mood on Tuesday. My head hurts, my eyes sting, my body hurts from all the walking I did yesterday but most of all my heart hurts.

It fucking hurts so much.

I feel as if a giant bulldozer is sitting on my chest. A heavy load of feelings and thoughts.

I feel guilty. What if I ruined our perfectly good friendship for some silly crush?

I feel sad. What if he never talks to me again?

I feel angry. At him, at myself, at the whole universe maybe.

But most of all, I feel hurt.

Because I know that the crush I have on Ryder...isn't really a crush anymore.

Shit. I just had to like him, didn't I?

Yes, like. I like him. I like him a lot. A whole fucking lot.

Are you sure you just like him? There's another word that starts with an 'L' you know?

No.

No.

No!

Too soon. And too impossible.

Besides what the hell do I know about him? Nothing!

Do I know about his past? No. Because he doesn't trust me enough to tell me.

Do I know about his family? No. Because he didn't give me the time to ask him.

Do I really know him?

No, because he didn't give me a chance to. And now he wants me to stay out of his life.

Fine.

Great.

Fantastic.

Just awesome. Then I'll have the chance to have more crushes!

Great for me, right?

I snort. Who are you fooling, Lisa?

Just who?

"Hey," Sam greets me slowly taking in my appearance, "You're totally rocking The Sloth look today."

I don't even have the energy to roll my eyes, "Really? Thanks so much."

I go to open my locker but she slams it shut, "Oh cut the bullshit woman! What happened?"

I shrug, "I got mugged when I was searching for mosquitoes."

I don't know why the hell I just said that. The only two words that were constantly on my mind since yesterday was 'Ryder' and 'Mosquito'.

Don't ask.

She gives me a look, "As believable as that sounds coming from your mouth, I don't think that's the case."

I open my mouth to say that I'm completely okay but another voice interrupts me.

"Oh! It's you again!"

Sighing exhaustedly I turn to face Barbie's twin also known as Karin.

A slight irritation creeps into me but I force it down and smile at her in a friendly manner. No one deserves to be treated like shit because of some petty jealousy.

"Hello Karin," I smile at her, "It's really nice to meet you too."

As nice as it'd would've been to meet Satan.

Nope, jealousy shut up.

She's not alone. Two girls, whom I recognize are from the cheer leading team, are standing on both sides of her.