Chapter 4 (Edited) - Marry me?

Tap.

Tap.

Tap.

Tap.

Tap.

Tap.

"Will you bloody stop that?!"

I smirk as I manage to rile up Ruder...I mean, Ryder. With a shrug, I stop my fingers that were constantly tapping on the windowsill.

"But I'm bored!" I say as I turn in my seat to face him. He glances at me for a moment before turning his eyes back to the road. "Do I look like I care?"

I think about it for a moment. Tapping a finger on my chin, I hum. "Surprisingly, no, you don't actually."

"Glad you understand."

It's silent for a moment. The constant humming of the engine is the only sound accompanying us.

After a while of contemplating, I finally decide to ask the question that's been on my mind (Currently a little sober) for a long while.

"Then why did you decide to take me home?"

He shrugs.

"Ryder?"

No answer.

"Ruder?"

He glares at me without saying anything.

"Ruder Ryder?"

He sighs irritated. "You just don't know how to shut up, do you? I don't know okay! I owe Sam a favour and I guess I..."

"You...?"

"I..."

"Yes...?"

He shoots me another one of those Go-rot-in-hell-you-filthy-piece-of-trahs glares. "Stop interrupting me. I think...I wanted to apologize for my behaviour this morning. I was unnecessarily rude to you. Too many people were looking at me and I sort of snapped." He mutters under his breath.

My face breaks into a wide grin. "Say what? You're sorry?"

He grumbles. "I guess."

So, this guy isn't that much of an ill mannered as I thought him to be? But still, it's way too fun to mess with him. He's hot and he's moody. Perfect target for me to prey upon.

And I'm probably digging my own grave but oh well. I can blame it on the alcohol later.

"What?" I cup a hand around my ear, "I'm getting old. I didn't hear you!"

"You heard me just fine! Shut up!" He snaps.

I chuckle. "Well, don't you have special way of apologizing?"

"No. This is the best I can do," is his curt reply.

"Not even a sorry?"

"That word's not even in my dictionary."

I cock an eyebrow at him. "It seems the name Ruder fits you perfectly than."

Throwing me a look that clearly says way too many colourful words, he focuses back on the road. "Is this your neighbourhood?"

I look around nodding. "Yeah. Great job driver!"

Choosing not to reply, he pulls up beside my house. "This is what the address says."

I jump out of the car. "I'd give you a tip but I don't have any money. I blew it all on the stripper!"

He narrows his eyes at me. "Go to hell."