Chapter 1

Serena's POV

"Come on, give me back my book!!" I shouted as I ran after my best-book-snatcher-friend. 

"And why would I?" Replied my friend as he continued to run around my room. 

It was a beautiful Sunday morning. The sun was shining brightly and the birds chirping and playing with each other. 

People must be at their homes, still sleeping or maybe sitting along with their family, having tea and reading the morning papers or maybe gossiping. Whatever they must be doing, they must be having a calm and peaceful morning.

But certainly I am not.

"Come back! I want my book!" I screamed.

"There is a word 'please' you know, miss. People call it the magic word. Use it and get this back," He teased as he waved my book in front of my face.

He knew I hated to speak 'magic words'. But people call it manners and I call them waste of time and energy and voice. But I knew that this boy, standing here right in front of me, whom I wanted to strangle right now but couldn't because I didn't want to be in the juvenile, would not return me my book, so I said it anyways not really thinking what I am supposed to say.

"Sorry," I mumbled.

I should have thought before speaking.

"Well, what are you apologizing for," he laughed as I face palmed, "if it is for the ice-cream you stole yesterday, then it's okay. No worries, I am cool with it," he smirked and winked. Flirtatiously. But it didn't really give that effect.

Man he is irritating.

"I meant please, return me my book,"  I said, rather begged in a soft voice.

"Aww, sure I would do that but first promise to go on a date with me," he replied grinning widely.

I rolled my eyes and face palmed.

There he goes again. 

This is Ash Ketchum for you. He is my best buddy, and I know him since I went to Professor Oak's summer camp. And now to think about it, it was a serious  mistake to make him my friend. 

"What?!" He asked as if he knew nothing and was innocent.

"Ugh- fine! I will. Now just give me my book back," I screamed at the top of my lungs. I ran forward and launched myself at him to grab hold of that book I so dearly loved. 

After a minute I got up satisfied with the book in my hand. When I got up, I saw Ash on the bed panting heavily and looking like a big tomato.

"What?" I asked with a confused look.

He sat up, losing all the red-color and puffed up his cheeks. 

"Are you mad Serena? You almost killed me when you jumped, I could have broken a few bones," he pouted.

I frowned at that and glared at him. This made him shrivel back in fear. He shut his eyes, most probably expecting a slap or a punch. I glanced at my book and then back him.

As much as I want to punch him right now, my book is way more interesting.

I shrugged to myself, retired back to my couch and started reading where I left off. I don't know how long I was reading and how long Ash was standing but yeah, he did interrupt at a very bad point. 

Just when the villain was going to reveal his true face.

"You won't slap me?" He nervously squeaked, but soon cleared his throat and repeated the same in a more 'manly' tone.