| 11 |

I was finally feeling better after a few days but I did still want more of the tea that Ashton gave to me.

I grabbed my keys and walked outside for the first time in two days.

I drove to the store and walked inside to see the usual empty store. The casheirs gave me the usual dirty look or eye roll. Just like usual, I ignored them and walked down to the tea isle. 

I looked around but I couldn't find the tea anywhere. I felt as tho I was there for a good ten minutes.

"Need any help?" A voice said to me. I turned to see Calum in a store uniform and I did a double take.

"Calum?" I asked.

"Hey" He smiled.

"I was just wondering... I got this tea.. well, my friend got this tea and It was amazing, but I don't know what kind it was." I admitted.

"Well, do you remember what color the box was?" He asked.

"No, I don't.." I sighed.

"It might have been this" He said, pulling out a light purple box. My memory was triggered and I nodded.

"Yeah, that's what I had" I smiled.

"This is my favorite tea, but it's even better if you make it the right way. It's also really good for you when you're sick" He explained.

"How do you make it?" I asked.

"It's really hard to explain. I'd have to show you." He said.

"Oh, I see" I nodded. There was an awkward scilence but I took the box from his hands.

"Well, let me know if you ever want me to show you." He said.

"I will, thank you" I grinned. He turned to walk away but I stopped him before he could go any further.

"Calum?" I called out. He turned to look at me.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"When do you get off?" I asked. I didn't exactly know where I was going with this, or why I was doing it.

"Uh in like... 10 minutes why?" He asked.

"Want to show me how to make that tea?" I asked.

--------------------------

"So you cook it in a pot?" I asked as he stirred it.

"Yeah," He chuckled. "And add salt and honey. A little bit of cinnamon"

"Sorry, I've asked that like five times already." I smiled.

"It's alright." he laughed.

"But seriously, I believe this was the reason I feel ten times better." I explained. "I've been really sick" I laughed.

"Awe, did Luke come take care of you?" Calum joked. I just stared at him and he laughed.

"Kidding" He said.

"No you're not" I swatted him.

"I know" He smiled.

"Why does everyone think he likes me?"

"Wanna know the truth?" He asked me.

"Yes" I stated.

"Well first off it's pretty damn obvious, lets get that cleared up. But anyways, We uh.. actually kind of used to be best friends..." He admitted.

"No way!" I scoffed.

"Yeah" He chuckled "And he would always talk about how he wanted to be your friend."

"That doesn't mean anything!" I explained. "Savvie always wanted to be my friend and it doesn't mean she likes me."

"Well for guys it's diffrent, y'know?" He said.

"No." I admitted. 

"Well, anyways I'm pretty sure he never got over that whole deal with you." He said.

"That makes more sense as to why you would think that, but believe me. He doesn't.  No one has ever liked me. Not in this town anyways." I shrugged.

"Kimber, you may not know this, but you're probably the most real girl i've ever met in this town."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well, you're smart for one thing and there's no doubt about that" He explained. "But not only that, you don't have a problem saying what's on your mind. But it's the best because you only say it when nessisary. You are confident when everyone else brings you down."

"That's so funny Calum..." I chortled "Because, I don't see myself like that.... At all actually." I explained. "I don't feel like that what so ever. But I wish I saw myself like that because that sounds like an amazing person."

"You are an amazing person..." He said. He was now getting really close to me and I was starting to get a bit nervous.

"Calum, why are you so nice to me all of a sudden? I mean, I don't mind it, but no one ever really changes that fast.." I said.

"Because I took a step back and really looked at everything at once. I looked at everything from your perspective.." He explained.

"I see" I nodded my head.

"Kimber?" He said.

"Yes?" I said, looking him in the eye.

"I'm sorry..." He said genuinly.

"I know.." I said. I didn't realize how close he got to me but his breath tickled my cheek and I was confused. I didn't know what to do so I just stayed perfectly still. My hands began to get shaky because I wasn't sure what he was doing but he dipped his head down and brushed his lips against mine.

He almost put his lips against mine, but pulled back and looked at me straight in the eyes.

"I'm sor- I.... I don't know what I was... I shouldn't have come. I should go" He backed away. 

I sat there, confused and I didn't know what to say or do.