2 | This Really Fucking Hurts

Start from the beginning

"I must've bought a bad brand of makeup remover wipes." I lie, tightening the bun on my head. "It should go down soon." I add, grabbing the glass of orange juice from Rocky. "Where's Ell?" I ask.

"Showering." Rydel replies. "Do you know where Ross is? When I got up his door was open and he wasn't in his bed or the bathroom. I figured he was in bed with you, but since you're out here and he's not..." Sucking in a breath, I set the glass down and bite my bottom lip. Just the mention of his name caused my chest to tighten and ache. "You okay?" She asks, her concerned face turned right on.

"Uh, I actually don't know where he is. But I would guess he's out." I tell her, giving her a slight smile. I was almost positive Ross hadn't told anybody about his girlfriend, because I'm always the first person to know anything, so I decided to have his back. Even though he's causing me pain.

"When did you go to the store?" She asks, narrowing her eyes at me.

"Why?" I ask, narrowing my eyes right back at her. Well, I tried to narrow my eyes back at her. Considering they were really puffy, it looked like my eyes have been narrowed this whole time.

"Just wondering when you bought these new makeup wipes, that's all. I thought you bought new ones two weeks ago. There's no way you ran out already." Shit.

"I had enough left over from the time before to last me until last night." I reply, completely lying right through my teeth. And if she went to mine and Ross' bathroom, she'd be able to tell that I'm lying off my ass. Either she believed me or she caught on to the fact I wasn't going to crack anytime soon, because she sighed and continued to clean up the kitchen. Not even five minutes later, Ross walked through the front door with his usual dressed self; ripped jeans and a button up. Fuck, why does he look so sexy? Why am I thinking this way?

"Where the hell did you go?" Riker asks. I quickly grab my orange juice and take a small sip, hoping with everything I've got that Ross wouldn't talk to me.

"I went out for breakfast." He replies, completely chill. "Why, what's wrong?" He asks.

"Nothing, we just didn't know where you were. I came down and your bedroom door was open and I just thought you were with Laura. Obviously you weren't." Rydel replies, shrugging her shoulders. "So I'm guessing you don't want a bagel?"

"No, I'm good." Ross tells her. His footsteps got louder and I kept on praying he wouldn't come over here, but I felt him make his way to the side of me where Riker wasn't. "How'd you sleep, bean?" He asks. Chest is tightening. Stomach is feeling queasy. What the hell is happening to me?

"Fine." I reply, taking a deep breath. I keep my eyes on my breakfast, not wanting to look up at his face. Ross' fingers grab ahold of my chin, sending shocks throughout my body as he turns my head and looks me in the eyes.

"Jesus, why are your eyes so puffy?" He asks. Not liking the feeling in my body when he touched me, I slap his hand away and take a step back, catching everybody's attention. Could this morning get any worse? "What was that for?" He asks.

"You know why." I whisper, finally looking in his eyes. He furrows his eyebrows a little before giving me a small smile, probably about to make a stupid joke. "That was intimate, she wouldn't like that." His smile slowly fades.

"Who wouldn't like that?" Riker asks.

"His girlfriend." I say, turning away from Ross to face Rocky and Rydel on the other side of the counter by the sink and stove. Rydel's eyes soften as she looks my way. "I actually need to shower if I want to be ready for business calls." I tell the four of them. Even if it made no sense because business calls are not something you have to look good for, they all still nodded and let me leave.