{11} Confusion (Part 2)

Guys the songs give a hint as to what's going on. You read about what the characters want everyone else to see. But, you hear about what's going on below the surface.

"In this world because I'm his girlfriend!"

Jace's POV

What. Just. Happened...Did Riele say she's my girlfriend? I'm so confused, what is happening right now! "What-" I was interrupted by a loud scream.

Isabella started twitching and screaming. "You're lying! You're trying to mess up our relationship! You're just upset because he's mine, you've wanted him since the beginning. But, your little ratchet mind doesn't seem to grasp the fact that you are being friend zoned. You always have and you always will!"

That was a bit harsh, but Riele and I have been friends for years. I'm not friend zoning her that's just what we've always been, friends. I never thought of her as more and she surely has never thought of me in that way either. So, tell me, how am I possibly friend zoning someone who only wants to be my friend. "Isabela, e-" I was interrupted yet again.

"If he belongs to you like you claim, than why does he call ME every night to say 'I love you'" okay so yes I do call Riele every night she's my best friend, of course I love her!

"He loves you as a friend! It's completely platonic between the two of you!" At this point, Isabela started pulling her hair. She does that when she's upset and nervous. Why would she be nervous though?

"If it's so platonic, than why did he kiss me and say 'I wish it was you'. That doesn't sound like friends now does it!" Okay, so that may have happened. The kiss was...was a kiss of friendship. And, I honestly don't know why I told her that. I don't even know what I meant by it. It just felt...right.

"Riele, I didn't me-" I was yet again interrupted, but this time it was by Xander.

"All right Jace. Your presence has been requested. My girlfriend and my second date want to talk to you." He explained before throwing me over his shoulder. He walked into the kitchen, pulling me off of his shoulder.

"Not cool bro! Not cool!" I told him as i pretended to brush lint off my shirt. I looked up, noticing the two women standing in front of me. They had their arms crossed as they slowly smiled at me. Is it just me or is this extremely creepy?

"Jace, you have some explaining to do." Reiya told me calmly.

"How do you feel about Riele's?" Reiya's friend asked placing her hand on my shoulder. Something tells me it wasn't meant to be comforting. I'm pretty sure she was warning me to say everything to her liking. I don't want to know what would possibly happen if I say something wrong.

"We're best friends, so I care about her." I responded.

"Ehhh...no! Wrong answer, try again!" Reiya's friend said. "Try to get it right this time!"

"Sit down Jace...relax...take a breather!" Reiya told me. I sad down on a stool that was placed in front of the island. "Who is you girlfriend, Jace?"

I sat up straight alerted by the question. "Isabela, she's in the living room. Arguing with Riele's. Speaking of...what's going on with her?"

"The doctors said that it may an after effect from her fall a few weeks ago. She remembers everything except a few details are a bit iffy for her. Some things she doesn't remember others seem artificial." Reiya confessed sitting in a seat next to me.

No one's POV
(7 months later)
"I'm assuming this was the turning point of your relationship, am I right?"

"Yes and no." Jace confessed.

"No because I never saw him as just a friend." Riele responded.

"Riele, is there a reason why you didn't tell Jace when you noticed the change in your feelings?"

"He never saw me as anything other than one of the guys! He never gave us the chance to develop our relationship into what it could have been." Riele's said sinking down into her chair.

"Okay, Jace elaborate on your feelings for Riele."