Fangs

"What on earth are you talking about?" Malcolm asked.

Victoria looked at him with a murderous look and then laughed jokingly "Why are you so serious? I was only joking!"

Malcolm let out a sigh of relief and then asked "Have you heard of the attack Midknight did on those seven kids last night?" he asked as he opened the library's doors.

"It's amazing how black and white the news made it sound," Victoria replied "I was there you know."

Malcolm looked at her and saw a bruise on her face "What happened?" he asked, trying to keep as much guilt out of voice as possible.

As they put the library back in working order Victoria told Malcolm what happened last night. Malcolm vaguely remembered what happened after his crucifix was removed but after hearing the actions he committed his guilt increased tenfold.
The day was slow and not surprisingly Malcolm heard much talk about last night's attack. Malcolm felt his hand float to the crucifix that was under his shirt and then he got lost in his own memories.

The loss of fluids within his body and the extreme thirst he felt. The anger towards the creature infront of him and the sound of breaking bones.

Malcolm felt like screaming.

The feeling of his fists as he drove them into the body of the wolf and the numbness he felt when he was kicked.

When the day was over Malcolm once again stayed to close up and like yesterday he changed into Midknight and left for Jackson Browns meet up place.
By the time Jackson had finally showed up the sun was already sleeping below the horizon.

"So you finally showed up." Malcolm said.

"What do you want!?" Jackson growled as he showed Midknight that his left hand was in a cast "This was your doing!"

"That was too make sure you won't attack anyone else for a long time." Midknight replied coolly "But that is not what I am here for."

Jackson raised an eye "Then what are you here for, vampire?"

"Tyler, will he live?"

Jackson let out a roar of laughter "You have the wounded leader of a wolf pack infront of you without his pack and that is what your worried about? One little runt?"

"So you know him?"

"He is the weakest out of all of us." Jackson replied "Even that newcomer Victoria is stronger than him. Why he bothered trying to protect her is beyond me, everyone knows that when a vampire drinks the blood of a werewolf they go into a murderous rampage. We were lucky enough to get away from you after that."

Malcolm fought to keep the tears from falling down "I never intended to put anyone in life threatening danger."

Jackson smiled "That's the difference between you and I." he said as he walked closer to Midknight "I'm a natural killer and you've never killed anyone, worst of all while your distracted by a personal vengeance of me you're missing the rise of Wolfang!"

"Wolfang?" Midknight asked.

"Why am I not surprised to hear you know nothing about it?" Jackson said "It's a drug that's been affecting some of my wolves, Tyler, Victoria, and I are the only three of my pack not addicted to the DAMN DRUG!"

"Where did they get it from?"

"Oh so now you want to help! I'M SORRY BUT IF YOU WANTED TO HELP YOU WOULD'VE LEFT US ALONE! We were discussing about where they got the drug when you ambushed us."

"Where. Did. They. Get. The. Drug?" Midknight asked through closed teeth.

"His name is Top Dog," Jackson growled "No one knows anything else about him. Heck, it took us a whole month of digging to come up with his street name."

"Anything else?"

"Top Dog doesn't seem to care who he drugs, as far we know the monsters he drugs have nothing in common and no humans have been targeted."

With that Midknight used a smoke bomb to dissappear. When the smoke cleared Midknight was gone and in his place was a letter. Jackson picked up the letter and saw that it was addressed to Tyler, after reading it Jackson wondered why Midknight cared about Tyler.

+++

'I may be walking into a trap,' Malcolm thought as he ran to the center of West Dark City 'but I don't care. I wronged a life and now I must repay the debt.'