Chapter four: A long night

Start from the beginning

"Derek?" I whiispered as I walked into the living room. He had his head bent down at first and his hands covering his face, but when he heard me he shot up and stared at me in disbelief.

" What the fuck? Casandra are you ok?" He grab me by my arms and examined me like a freaking doctor would and then just stared at me. "What happened?" I looked away from him because just remembering it made me cry. "Please, you have to tell me so we can go to the cops and put those fuckers in jail." You could tell he was trying to stay calm but there was hate in his voice.

"I'm fine now. Here." I pulled out the note and gave it to him. I sat on the couch and was so exhausted that I almost fell asleep. "What time is it?" I asked yawning, still shaken up from my attack.

"What the fuck is this shit? Wait till i get my hands on these dickwads! Im gonna fucking throttle their punk asses!" Derek was out the door and going towards his car.

"Derek what are you doing? You dont even know where they are and they have guns...Please just come inside. Its not worth it," I tried convincing him but he started the car and put the window down.

"You are worth it Cass," and without another word he drove away leaving me standing on his driveway confused and worried.

****

I sat in the living room waiting for the guys to come back. It had been two hours and was already 11 o'clock.

"Hi daddy. Uhm Sorry my phone died...Yea I know im sorry I worried you. I told you I was going to a friends house...What? Youre at the casino?...But its Monday! What am I supposed to do?...fine. love you too. Bye daddy." Just great. I called my dad to tell him i would be home much later but it looks like I cant even go home! My dad tended to go to the casino...frequently. It wasnt like he was obsessed. It's just that he didnt have anything else to do. He still managed to put food on the table and I guess that was all that was important.

Just then the front door opened and Max walked in with Lucas. "Where's Derek?"

"Oh my fucking God! Cassy! You're back! What the hell happened? Are you hurt? I swear to every fucking God there is in this damn world, that if i find a single scratch on you someones gonna get beat!" Max pulled me up into a bear hug and wouldnt let go until I tickled him in his sides.

"Im fine Maxxy. Dont worry about me. Just find Derek. He went after the guys who attacked me." I looked back and forth between Max and Lucas waiting for them to go find Derek.

"Dont worry. We'll find him." Lucas hugged me and kissed me on m head making me blush and they both left.

I paced the living room for what felt like hours but was only thirty minutes and I finally got sick of feeling deradful.

"JC!" I called out to my new bestest butler friend. My only butler friend.

"Yes Miss Casandra?" JC was way too formal and I started to really detest it. I picked up my piece of pie and sent it flying into Jc's face hoping for some sort of reaction other than his usual poker face. He stood in his place like a statue and his face was covered in shock. Laughing I went over and wiped the pie off JC's face and kissed him on the cheek happy that I could somehow smile in this horrible situation.

"Im sorry JC but I just had to do it! Oh my gosh you should have seen the look on your face!" I was rolling around on the floor laughing my ass of because JC still had'nt moved from where he was standing. "Aw come on, it was a joke! Please dont be mad at me?" I gave him my best puppy dog eyes and smiled a really big smile at him and he cracked! Success!

Smiling at me he said, "Well I'm glad you find this all so amusing but now I must go."

"Oh my gosh I'm sorry JC please dont leave because of me!" I felt awful now!

"Dont give yourself too much credit Miss Casandra, I must leave because my wife is waiting for me at home." JC was causually wiping the pie off of his face and licked his lips to taste some of it. "Hmmm, I was right. Cherry pie is disgusting," he wrinkled his nose.

"You did not just say that. How DARE YOU!" I screamed at the horror!

"Stop being ridiculous Miss Casandra, I have my own preferences. May I suggest you see a psychiatrist?" JC patted me on the head like I was some lost cause and walked away. Not cool!

"JC, why do you talk so proper and stuff all the time. I feel like a complete dumbass when I'm around you." I questioned like a nosy babboon.

"Well, you've met me only today and all you know so far is my name, I think, and that I am French. Aside from that we hardly know eachother. I dont always talk properly, I tend to curse sometimes but not often." JC explained and then proceeded to walk towards the front door. Hurtful. I thought silently not allowing my face to show it.

"Wow and here I am thinking you were my bestest butler friend..." Its true, I was slightly hurt by the fact that JC said we hardly knew each other. It was true but I felt like we connected throughout this long day.

"No Miss Casandra. I am not your "bestest butler friend"....I am your bestest friend even when I am not a butler." After saying that he pulled me into his arms and gave me a warm and fuzzy hug. I was so happy that I started to cry again remembering how lucky I was. Damn, I was so emotional.

"Thank You Jean-Claude," I felt the need to say his real name because he was so nice to me. JC then gasped with shock. "Whats wrong?"

"How DARE YOU! My name is JC to you young lady!" He acted as though he was hurt and he placed a hand of his chest and acted like he was going to faint from the horror.

I was once more laughing so hard my stomach was hurting. " Oh JC, you really are the best."

The door opened behind us as Max and Lucas walked in carrying Derek. I felt like I was going to die right then and there as I saw that Derek was osing consciousness.

"Oh my God! What the hell happened?" I ran over to them as they placed him on the couch and I tried to find a pulse. Luckily he was still breathing but he wouldnt wake up. I kept shaking him and crying because I thought this damn idiot was dead until I heard a grunting sound. It came from him.

"Get the fuck off of me!" he forced out but proceeded to gasp in pain and grab his side. I looked at where he was holding his side and saw the blood. It was seeping through his shirt and onto my hands as I tried to put pressure on it.

"We have to get him to the hospital now!" The guys were already on it and JC had the car ready to go and we left to the ER. The car ride there was silent other than my whimpers and Lucas's cursing from the driver's seat. The whole way there I was praying that Derek didnt die, not because I didnt want it to be my fault but because I just didnt want to lose him even though he was a complete ass to me earlier. Such mixed feelings were not good for my heart.

"Calm down Casandra...I'll...be fine." Derek spoke with pain in his voice and had difficulty breathing as he lay down on my lap in the back seat.

"Sshhhh. Dont talk. I promise its going to be ok Derek. I promise." I quitely sobbed because I was losing Derek before I ever got him.