Oops

A.N. T.T So, this is entirely unedited. And rewritten because the wattpad phone app deleted instead of publishing my chapters. Three of them. Absolutely ridiculous!

Needless to say, I rewrote what I could. And I'll post just to get back to writing again. But I'm not happy with them. At all. So, as soon as I post these, I'm going to go hide in my room and wallow in depression.

-------------------------------

*Micah*

"So what kind of things does your cousin like?" I kept my eyes to the sky, peripheral vision narrowing in on my little informant.

"I-donno," Maddy sung at me, kicking her legs back and forth.

Abby finished painting her face with ice cream, and I tossed her cone before pulling out one of my dad's old hankies to wipe her off with.

Kennedy took off towards the jungle gym, and, of course, Abby squirmed out of my hold to take off after her.

"Jeff go watch them," I gave his shoulder a shove as two of my brats took off into the maze of plastic tubing. He rolled his eyes and waddled after them, attention still mostly affixed to his chocolate swirl waffle cone.

I kept Maddy behind by bringing her over to a water fountain to wash off the little vanilla cream and green apple syrup on his delicate fingers. I'd been slightly unprepared for how slow someone else's child apparently can take to eat their rapidly melting cone.

(I had an abrupt flash of Gabriel licking up a rapidly melting waffle cone, half naked, in overalls...) No! Bad Micah! Bad. Small Child! Small Child! RESPONSIBLE ADULT!

INTERROGATION!!!

Way to go, Micah. Cutting a seven year old child out of the herd to ask for dating advice.

I am officially pathetic. So much for being a responsible adult.

I dried her hands off to keep the slight chill from seeping into her thin finger bones. Kneeling to do so I noticed her bright sugar-joy excitement had been replaced with a furled brow as she scanned about us for something that was obviously missing.

"Is Gabry sick?"

"Gabry?"

Oh!

"Gabry said he doesn't like Gaby, but Gabry was ok."

Had I ever called him Gaby? I couldn't seem to remember, which bothered me.

I'll just have to keep it in mind for the future. Learning much already about my supposed fiancé from a seven year old girl. How very sad.

"No, Gabry's not sick." Don't ask me why I'd just used her nickname for her. I guess I just wanted to try out the feel of it. Maybe I was jealous. Nick names meant being close to someone. All I'd managed to do was steal his car, overrun his house, get him unwanted attention at school, humiliate him, insult him, and all around ruin his life. So maybe I didn't deserve a nickname.

"Oh! So this is a secret!" She leaned in to whisper shout conspiratorially at me like a game of spies and robbers.

Now my brow was wrinkled.

"Don't worry, I won't tell Gabry we got ice cream without him!"

She took off like an arrow out of a crossbow. Joining Kennedy for a game of chase.

My pocket vibrated.

Martha Arel

Two banana and chocolate fudge nonames, one with cookie dough.

I put my phone way, finally realizing I was in trouble.

--------------------------------

"The big one."

"That is a big one."

"No, bigger," the child chided me.

I shrugged at the man behind the counter as he began to fill two extra-large cups with a personalized ice cream confection. There was no possible way all that could fit inside Gabriel's stomach.

Only a fool skimps when begging for forgiveness.

I sighed and forked over the cash.

I'd intended to ask Maddy more about Gabriel, and instead, I'd apparently left my intended out of an outing that would have made a perfect date. Now I got to crawl home and bang my head against a wall.