I ignored the sarcastic comment. 'You need to wake up Tate. You need to wake up and fight 'cause life won't treat you like Glandstone Glander,' I said watching him roll his eyes at my dramatics.

The thing is I've never been this harsh on him so he doesn't know how to react.

Picking up my skate and the backpack from where I dumped them, I shook my head dissappointed and headed out.

'See you in school, m'kay?'

He opened his mouth to speak but I already closed the door behind me.

Reaching the kitchen I stopped abruptly and ran back upstairs. Tate was still in the same position where I last left him.

His head snapped up when I coughed to get his attention and because he looked so sad and miserable guilt overhelmed me and I pulled him in a tight hug.

'Sorry for the slaps.'

His voice came out muffled. 'I barely felt them.'

Breaking the hug I narrowed my eyes at his indifferent face. 'Liar liar pants on fire.'

'That saying is for the kids,' he snorted and an evil smile spread across his face. 'But then again it's your age group, isn't it?' he started snickering so I pinched him and he fixed me with a glare. 'Stop hurting me!'

'Then stop talking.'

We were silent for a while, laying back down on his bed in the dark and staring up at the illuminated ceiling.

'Wanna watch Fantastic Four?'

'Shut up, you're ruining the moment.'

He didn't say anything but I knew he was grinning like a madman and truth be told, so was I.

'Snow White Daphne Matthews! Get your ass to the kitchen right now!'

Startled by the sudden noise my nervous system kicked in and I found myself on the floor in a cocoon of duvet.

Sometimes I want to throw her out through the window for doing these things.

Groaning and cursing rapidly under my breath, I wiggled my way out of the warm covers and walked out of the room with my eyes half-closed and hands in front of me like a dead man.

I came back from Tate's an hour ago, went straight past Belle and Sophie who were gossiping in the living room and upstairs to my room.

Maneuvering my way through the house using only my special abilities I was able to reach the before-mentioned kitchen in no time. Sophie was waiting for me with arms crossed over her chest.

'Wha'?'

She narrowed her eyes which is always a bad sign. 'You do realize it's seven o'clock in the evening?'

There was definitely a catch somewhere. Carefully, I nodded, rubbing my sensitive eyes. 'Um, duh otherwise I wouldn't be sleeping.'

'And do you, by any chance, remember what I said about seven o'clock on Monday?'

I needed a few moments to clear my head from the pieces of dream that were still clinging before I could process her words. When it finally hit me, I mumbled an apology.

'It was a rough day.'

Sophie sighed, rubbing her temples.

'For you and me both. Go upstairs and change as quickly as possible, preferably into something formal,' she demanded, finishing her coffee and placing the cup inside the dishwasher.