The Room Where *It* Happened

A/N: guys i love your comments. they make me actually motivated to keep updating. so the logic is, the more you comment the more i will update. just a lil thought there. also don't forget to add this story to your libraries so you can get notified when I ever decide to update. lol. OK ONWARDS WITH THE STORY!!

My foot taps on the floor to the rhythm while my fingers dance on the neck of my violin. I am lost in the music as I grow closer to the ending: a crescendo leading into a fortissimo. I close my eyes and let my hands work their magic. They know what to do and I soak in the music and later the applause.

I open my eyes to see Peggy, Eliza, and my father all standing up applauding me.

I never preform in front of anyone but them. Even though they say I should.

"That was amazing! You should really preform concerts!" Peggy squeals.

"She's right, you know. You were perfect." Eliza says with her hand gently and affectionately on my shoulder. "You know, maybe we all should preform concerts! I could play the piano, you on the violin, and Peggy could sing!"

Peggy gasps. "That would be so much fun! Come on Angel, it'd be great!"

"I don't know, uh, I just don't know. Daddy, would you even let us?"

"I can't see the harm in it. In fact, it would give you all a chance to look at suitable young men." He says slightly looking at Peggy, who sighs.

She had never really likes the idea of a husband. There were many fights about it over the years. She would always go out with men, but never the same one twice. In fact, none of us had seen John Laurens since that night, and we probably never would again. It was just how Peggy worked, despite the frustration and wishes of our father.

Eliza and I glance at each other with a knowing look.

"Well, I guess I'll do it." I hope. "I think maybe it could be fun."

I smile when I see Peggy and Eliza's face light up with excitement.

"I'll put an ad in the newspaper right away." Our father smiles and leaves the room.

"I can't believe this! It's going to be amazing." Peggy says and we all group hug.

It's a week later and we're at our first gig. It's at a Daughters of Liberty meeting. I smile at the wonderful women and girls who all believe in the same things I do.

We finish our performance to hear a wave of applause. We start to mingle in the crowd.

After a while, I am ready to leave. I find Eliza and we start to pack up our thing. It takes her like five seconds because she just a book of sheet music. I however, took forever folding up the stand and and gathering the rosin and bow.

I notice a lack of a brightly coloured, energetic little sister. I look around, but I can't find Peggy.

"Eliza, have you seen Peggy?" I ask.

"Um. No, I haven't. Not since she went to the restroom. Like, half an hour ago..." She trails off.

"I'll go she if she's ok." I say bravely.

I travel cautiously through the house to the restroom. I hear... what is that? I hear- noises- coming from the bathroom. I knock on the door.

"Peggy? Are you okay?" I ask.

More noises.

"Peggy? Fine. I'm coming in." I turn the handle and open the door.

I see Peggy and another girl tangled together.

My hand flies to my mouth.

Their heads whip around to see me stand frozen in the threshold.

"Angel, I-" Peggy starts.

I rush out and shut the door behind me before she can finish.

I hide myself in the nearest closet and sit with my back against the closed door.

I sigh, not knowing in which direction to go.

A/N: OMG PEGGY IS GAYYYY (like me lol)