CHAPTER 25: THE ONLY WAY

Niharika was sitting by the window looking outside.

Every thing happens for a reason. If this situation hadn't occurred, I wouldn't have realised that I trust Abhinay. I just hope he gets out of this trouble soon. Niharika thought.

She came out of her thoughts when she heard some sounds from Prisha's room.

She rushed out to Prisha's room and knocked the door.

"Prisha ?"

She heard a glass shattering.

"Prisha, open the door. Now." Niharika shouted banging the door.

There went another glass shattering.

Niharika turned the knob of the door but the door was locked.

She tried a password to the door lock but it didn't work. She heard something else being slammed to the ground.

"Think. Think, Niharika. Fast." She mumbled.

"Prisha, babe, open the damn door."

There was no response except for the shattering furniture.

She ran to her room and picked her mobile. She called Sid.

"Pick up ! Pick the damn call, Sid !" She screamed.

"Niharika, is everything fine ?" Sidharth asked from the other side after answering the call.

"No. Nothing is fine. Prisha's locked herself in the room and I don't know what's happening."

"What ? I'm coming." He said and cut the call.

Sidharth arrived soon and tried breaking through Prisha's door but all his efforts went in vain.

"She usually keeps her balcony door open." Niharika said.

"I'll get in through that then." Sidharth said heading to Niharika's room.

He went to Prisha's balcony through Niharika's balcony. To their luck, her balcony door was open.

He went into the room. He looked around to find Prisha. The curtains were pulled down, the blanket was on the floor and the pillows in a corner. Everything was thrown away from their places.

Prisha was sitting in a corner with her legs to her chest and her head hid between her knees and arms that were around her knees.

"Prisha." Sidharth called out for her while slowly making his way towards her.

He sat on his knees beside her and placed his arm on her shoulder. She flinched and pushed him away.

"Prisha, it's me."

She tried to move away from him. She threw a pillow that was beside her at him and cried.

"Don't come near me. Move away." She screamed.

"Okay fine. Calm down." He said moving away from her.

"Sidharth, open the door." Niharika shouted from the other side.

Sidharth immediatly rushed towards the door and opened it.

Niharika entered the room and was completely shocked to see the room.

She rushed to Prisha's side and sat beside her.

"Prisha. It's me. Niharika." She whispered pulling Prisha into the hug.

Prisha hugged Niharika tightly.

"Prisha, what happened ?" Niharika asked running her fingers through Prisha's hair.