I Can't Do This

Začít od začátku

.................................................

[Rachel’s POV]

“Erick?” I stare at my fiancé. His beautiful green eyes looked pained. I don’t know why I was even commenting, he hasn’t been happy since I’ve met him.

He puts his fork down in defeat.

“Erick?” I put a supporting hand on his back

He puts his head in his hands

“What’s the matter?”

After a while of silence, he brings his head up, a forced smile on his lips. “Nothing, nothing”

“Okay” I nod “How was your day?”

He shrugged “Same old” he loosened his tie. Sometimes I couldn’t take my eyes off him. He was beautiful in every way possible,

“How was yours?” he downs his whole glass of wine in a matter of seconds, then pours himself another one.

“It was fine, nothing except for the technician you met”

“Max, you said his name was right?” he asked

“Yeah” I give off a small smile.

“He’s only a little bit younger than us but he looks like he’s 19”

Erick nodded.

“He reminds me of baby, I’ve only met him for a couple of hours and I already want to just to look after him”

“I can imagine” his eyes wandered off into the distance again.

“I’m really sorry again Erick about the whole virus thing. I won’t do any more online bidding”

He nodded “I’m not angry anymore. You say that Max is the best?” his eyes furrow in deep confusion “I didn’t even know he was good at computers” he mumbled.

“Err...yeah?” I nodded slowly. “He works with ElecticZone”

“I hear it’s hard to get into that company”

“It is. They could interview and test 1000 people and not hire one person”

“Max must be really special” he says quietly

I smiled “he was Mr Foreman told me he found Max in jail”

“Jail!?” his eyes widen with surprise

“Don’t worry honey; he’s not a paedophile or anything. He hacked into ElectricZone’s system completely drunk. Mr Foreman had to have him” I chuckle.

Erick nodded “He didn’t come across as the kind of person that drank alcohol”

“I asked Mr Foreman about that, obviously I don’t want a drunk in the house, but Mr. Foreman couldn’t really go into depth about it, Employee privacy and everything but he did mention that he came out of a bad relationship and we have nothing to worry about” I rub Erick’s cheek but he doesn’t respond.

“He’s been through a lot” he mumbled

“Yeah but something good came out of it. Mr Foreman said Max could fix a virus like this in about a month whilst others could take up to a year. He’s seriously talented. I don’t know why he would want to go back”

“Go back?”

“Yeah. We’re his last job before he resigns from his company. He’s going to continue with his law degree in California and then move”

“Move?” Erick’s eyes  quickly met mine. I had never seen them so excited before. It was confusing the hell out of me. “Move away from California?”

“Yeah?”

He sighed “I guess that’s for the best”

“What’s for the best?”  This was the longest conversation I had ever had with Erick in the last three years and I was completely confused.

“Nothing” he murmured.

“A whole month” he whispered “How I am going to do this?”