3. VOICES AND CREEPS

MY HEART POUNDED IN MY CHEST AS I RAN THROUGH THE FOOD COURT. Why was I still running? The guy from the plain was long gone and the airport was packed with people. Still I couldn't stop. Then like always, I tripped -probably over my own feet- and stumbled into someone. Two large, brown hands shot out and stabled me before my fall could complete.
"Sorry" I breathed looking up.
"Are you okay?" His dark brown eyes looked down at mine.
"Oh,yeah. You know just going for my daily sprint around the airport. No biggie." I replayed between pants. My hands were on my knees and I was struggling to breath.
"And that's completely normal, Andy?" He was being sarcastic.
"Whoa!" I said backing up." How the hell do you know my name?"
This was not my uncle. He was way to young, probably my age. And his brown features resembled nothing of mine.
He laughed, as if I had said a joke." I got hungry and got some food. But on my way back to your gate you, well you can figure the rest out."
"No. In fact I can't. You didn't answer my question. How do you know my name! Look pal i've got pepper spray and I will spray your a-"
"Dang, Dannie sent me. He said he couldn't make it and asked me to come get you. That's the story." His full lips were twisted into a amused smile.
"Yeah! And I'm just gonna believe you? I don't even know you. You could be lying." I wasn't gonna fall for whatever this was.
"I could." He paused." But I'm not. Look if you don't trust me, than you don't trust me. Can't force you to." He shrugged.
In that second my phone buzzed. I pulled it from my back pocket and read the message out loud.
" 'Andy, something came up and I can't make it. Darado should be there soon to occurred  From Dannie.'" His smile was even bigger now." Darado?" I asked.
"In the flesh."
"Is that,like, Greek or something?"
"Dunno. But just Dee."
"Dee."
His large chocolate eyes were so amused. It filled my heart with something I'd never felt before. I shifted my eyes, afraid that he would see my emotion. Then, like before, the hairs on my neck stood up. A dark figure caught my eye and I turned slowly. A man. Gray eyes, with faded blonde hair, and tiny creases around his eyes was smiling villainously in my direction. I wanted to scream as panic creeper up my spine. Who was he?
Without meaning to I snapped my head up, almost chipping Darado's chin. He stared at me confused by my sudden change.
"Can we get out of here, please. Like right now?" I asked trying to counsel my fear. My pale hand wrapped around the corner of his unbuttoned black and gray sleeved jacket, and towed him quickly away from the creepy man. I felt as if I need to protect him. As if Darado -or anyone- was no match for that creep.
"Uh... Andy?" He said once we were out of the building. It was drizzling, but that didn't break my focus. I hadn't stopped or slowed at all, but I had to now. I had no clue of where to go next." Can I have my jacket back?"
"Oh!" I exclaimed, embarrassed." Yeah,er sorry.'
Cars rushed by in the wet street. The sky was coated with gray clouds and every I looked was covered in rain. Great. A warm sensation covered my arms, neck, and torso. I looked up to see that Darado had removed his cotton jacket and placed it around me. His green army print shirt now had dark spots on in as he walked through the rain.
"You don't have to-"
"Its fine" he reassured me.
"You'll catch a cold in this weather." I protested feeling guilty.
"And you won't?" It was rhetorical. "I'll be fine, girl. Just chill" he smiled wildly, showing all of his white teeth.
I ran my hand through my now damped hair feeling embarrassed for reasons I didn't understand. "Where are we going?" I asked after we walked up two parking lots.
"If you hadn't been in such a rush to leave, than we wouldn't have gone the wrongs way. Were almost to the car."
A couple of minutes later he unlocked the doors to a rusted down jeep.
I claimed in the passengers seat, tossing my bag to the back."Nice" I complimented.
"Thanks. Buckle up."
I did. Then we were  driving down the road in no time. I wasn't entirely sure about how much I trusted Darado. He seemed like a friendly enough person. But there was something about him that I just could quit understand. He hadn't given me any reasons not to trust him. So I pushed that small paranoid section to the very back of my mind.
The radio played as we drove in silence for some time. It would take about one or two more hours tell we got to Coldwaters. My mind began to wonder as I stared out the window at this thick, green new world. There was trees everywhere. Tall green trees, and green grass too.
I caught myself thinking of events that occurred earlier today. That voice. Who was she? Who was that man? The one who caused me to fell so much fear and panic that I'd rather just go into hiding then face him again. He was so...undescribably horrific. Not in looks though. Just his ora I guess. I pushed that thought away, remembering the chills I got when I saw him. I forced myself to think of the worst. What if I were going crazy? What if this was one of those things that happens after you've been in a traumatizing event, and you don't know how to deal? Oh,god. Wouldn't it be so like me to loose my marbles?