2. PLAINS ARE PAINS

One month later

"DANNY WILSON." MY SOCIAL WORKER, MANDY, SAID AS WE WALKED THROUGH THE CROWDED NEW MEXICO AIRPORT

"Do you expect me to know who that is?"
"He's your uncle. The one I told you about yesterday?" The only thing I remembered about yesterday was my face hitting the hotel pillow, then it was lights out from there." The one your moving it with."
"Oh, yeah! That's right." I said vaguely remembering her saying something like that." The guy who lives in cold waters right?"
"Danny. Your uncle. Who lives in Washington. Coldwaters, Washington state." She replied in a tone that made me feel as if she'd already said this." Are you sure you've never heard of him?"
"Nope." We were at the gate now and people were begining to board the plain.
She tucked a strand of short,black hair behind her ear and pushed her glasses up the bridge of her nose." I wander why she never mentioned her brother to you."
"Well she-mom, never really liked to talk about the past. She said or jinxed the future or something." I ran my fingers through my dark brown hair- pushing it from the front to the back of my head- feeling embarrassed. Mom, was...different from other parents. Or people, for that matter.
The flight attendant announced that the plain would be departing soon and Mandy dismissed our conversion with a goodbye hug.
"Take care hun." She said rubbing my back and I nodded uncomfortably.
Before I knew it I was on the plain, in my seat, and in the air. I didn't expect to be seated alone, but the chubby old man in the middle seat didn't mind drooling on my shoulder. Well I did! I wanted to stick a breath mint in his mouth and tell him to get off me, but I have these things called manners, which seemed to be irrelevant to him. So, instead I repeatedly shoved his head to the other side, getting annoyed when I did it for the fifth time.
"Ugh! Would you just get off of me already!" I yelled startling him from his sleep. "We've been on this hot, claustrophobic plain for two hours! You don't think I'm tired to? Well, you don't see me droo-" my complaints were cut short by a sudden stabbing pain in my head. I could feel a scream escape my lips but couldn't hear it over the unappealing ringing in my ear. There were several people talking to me but I couldn't pay attention to that right now. My brain was going to explode! No. I wish it would! So I wouldn't have to suffer through this stabbing anymore! More screams left my mouth and soon I could feel tears running down my checks. I want it to stop! Please make it stop! Then there was a voice.
<E...then...can...you...ear...ee> the voice said.
I could hear this voice clearly despite the ringing. It sounded panicked. She sounded panicked. Oh god! What was happening to me? You'd think that the stabbing feeling in my head would ease a little, give me the slightest chance to recover. But, nope. It was there. With each second the blade getting sharper. And by the time it disappeared, I was wishing for death.
It was gone in less than a second. Like someone had flipped the off switch. Waves of pain free relief washed over me as I opened my eyes. Everything was blurred and i had to wipe off my glasses, before i could see again. The plain was empty. I sat on the inside seat alone. I heard small voices and tried to listen closer.
"I don't know if she's alright. She just started screaming and crying, then not to long after, she passed out. Just fainted."
They were talking about me! I recognize the flight attendant's voice, then spontaneously the hairs on the back of my neck stood up and I felt extremely panicked. As if my life was at risk. Without thinking I grabbed my bag from underneath my seat and sprinted twords​ the exit.
"Hey! Stop!" A male voice yelled, but I couldn't stop. My legs wouldn't allow that.
I tripled over the threshold but cought myself before I could fall. Sprinting and unaware of where I was heading I turned the corner, my heart racing and head pounding with questions.