The Shadow it Casted

Laxus will be honest, if it wasn't for the fact he knew how much Bickslow truly cared for his little doll 'babies', he would have crushed every last one sometime around the 10th time they ran into him.

Bickslow stood in the back passively as his dolls did all he work for him, keeping the 4 wizards on their toes for a short while and dodging any other attacks that may have made it through his annoying defense. He yawned and pulled a book out of his suit, making all the fairy tail wizards giving him a weird look.

"I never thought I would say this, but I wish he would jump around in that weird helmet of his and stick his tongue out like he used to. Seeing this is even weirder than how weird he usually is!" Evergreen exclaimed while stepping right quickly to dodge another one of the flying wooden dolls, trying to find time to accurately cast her leprechaun spell. "Ugh! It's so hard to not be able to hurt him!" She sighed.

"We've got no choice. I really don't want to hurt my friends if possible." Laxus grumbled in his deep voice, but Evergreen couldn't help but smile at the concern he still held for his friends. The thought was cut short however, when once again here was a laser beam fired at them from the formation of dolls.

Elfman looked tired and finally turned to Bickslow "stop using your toys and fight us like a real man!" He yelled only o be smacked in the face by one of the said toys.

"They're weapons, so they shall be used as such. What, does your thick skull even block your brain from having he ability to realize that weapons are for fighting?" He scoffed as Evergreen looked pissed and whirled towards him as well with a furious glare to her eyes.

"Weapons!? You don't even remember them?" She yelled causing Bickslow to look away from his book and give a sideway glance towards his former partner.

"I have no idea what you are speaking of, therefor it must hold no importance to me." He replied casually before flipping a page in his book and looking back towards it, eyes scanning the page as he resumed reading.

"You have no..." The fairy wizard looked shocked and stepped foward towards Bickslow, "they were your closest friends! You don't remember any of it!? You told us the story yourself a while after you came to the guild and joined the raijinshuu! You have to remember!" She pleaded but the man gave her no answer, but she was not about to give up so easily.

"The circus!" She yelled again, pleased to see a spark of recognition in her friend's eyes as the book he was reading slipped out of his hands and dropped to the floor, and he gave her a stunned look as she continued. "You were raised there! You made a group of close friends but... but there was a fire... they all died while you were out collecting supplies in order to perform your next show! You were devastated when hey died, but they did one thin for you. They awakened your figure eyes magic, and remained with you as the spirits in your dolls!" The others who were defending also looked towards her as she was recounting the story, and the dolls seemed to have floated still, all turned towards Bickslow as if for his next order.

"My... friends?" He shook his head "No. I don't remember such people. I have no friends! I'm perfectly capable on my own!" He said but he was clearly losing some of the composure he had gained recently. As he was about to revive the order to attack, he blue haired sky dragon slayer tackled him from behind, using the same spell as before that she used to bring back Evergreen the moment that she sensed the magic sealing his memories and true personality had weakened. After a few moments, Bickslow seemed to calmed down, then blinking a few times he looked around at his friends gathered around him with concerned looks on their faces.

"Woah. What the heck happened to you guys." He laughed and his tongue slipped out automatically as if it was just grown that way. "Haha! You should see your own mugs, you look like you've just seen a ghost or something." He smiled as Evergreen ran up and tackled him to his surprise, and he turned to the other's with a questioning glance only to see all of them, including Laxus, with a relieved smile on their faces.

"It appears you have both failed. Oh so worthless!" A familiar voice caused the group to all turn around, spotting Freed with a deranged smile still plastered to his face, hanging upside down from a street lamp. "I knew he shouldn't have trusted you two. I knew! I knew!" He laughed, covering his mouth only as a gesture.

"What the..." Bickslow looked more confused as ever as he glanced around. "Is nobody surprised, who the hell, is that Freed!?"

"Why indeed my thick skilled brethren, has hat part of your memory been wiped as well? Oh you don't need it you're as dumb as a rock with or without your memories, you big lug!" He laughed again as if his own words amused him so.

"Freed!" Laxus's voice boomed out throughout the area like his thunder does, and static electricity seemed to have started floating through the air in great amounts.

"Awww, did I offend you" he giggled and threw his hands out, though it looked weird as he was still hanging upside down by his knees. "I would love to play with you more, my little lizard, but the master will be angry with me if i stayed to play!" He swung up quickly, causing the whole group to instantly switch to a defensive position in case he attacked despite what he said.

Freed just grinned again down at the wizards below him. "I'll see you all soon! Maybe by then you all will learn how to have some fun, break some rules for once!" He blew a raspberry at them then turned around "Toodles my dears!" And with that he disappeared up in runes before anyone could make a move.

"... Am I high?" Bickslow remarked after a brief moment of awkward silence, causing everyone to sigh. At least he was back to normal now.